Thalia

Y/n Pov:

That afternoon was one of the happiest I'd ever spent at camp, which maybe goes to show, you never know when your world is about to be rocked to pieces. 

Grover announced that he'd be able to spend the rest of the summer with us before resuming his quest for Pan. His bosses at the Council of Cloven Elders were so impressed that he hadn't gotten himself killed and had cleared the way for future searchers that they granted him a two-month furlough and a new set of reed pipes. The only bad news: Grover insisted on playing those pipes all afternoon long, and his musical skills had improved little. He played "YMCA," and the strawberry plants started going crazy, wrapping around our feet like they were trying to strangle us. I guess I couldn't blame them. 

As for Tyson, the campers treated him like a hero. I asked him for forgiveness and he happily accepted it and asked me to teach him to - how was it? Ah yes, to 'throw arrows into mean people's faces and look cool'. Unfortunately, he was called by Poseidon to work on some of his forges underwater, which, I guess, is good for him, since he enjoys mechanics a lot. I couldn't help feeling sad. I knew Tyson would have an awesome time under the ocean. but I'd miss everything about him—his fascination with horses, the way he could fix chariots or crumple metal with his bare hands, or tie bad guys into knots.

Annabeth, Grayson, Grover and I found Percy on the beach, looking at his new shield. A single tear trickled down his face.

"Hey, Percy," I said softly

He turned and blinked his tears away. 

"Tyson..." he told us. "He had to..." 

"We know," I said softly. "Chiron told us." 

"Cyclopes forges." Grover shuddered. "I hear the cafeteria food there is terrible! Like, no enchiladas at all." 

Grayson chuckled.

I held out my hand. "Come on, Seaweed Brain. Time for dinner." 

We walked back toward the dining pavilion together, as Grayson was making jokes while cheering Percy up.

~

A storm raged that night, but it parted around Camp Half-Blood as storms usually did. Lightning flashed against the horizon, waves pounded the shore, but not a drop fell in our valley. We were protected again, thanks to the Fleece, sealed inside our magical borders.

Still, I couldn't sleep. Many things had happened ever since we left camp and I had little time to process it all. 

Grayson got claimed, that's a big one. Persephone wouldn't have a demigod child, yet she had Grayson. How? I mean, I know how, but how? Like, why?

Not only that, but Percy and I almost kissed, and I kissed him on the cheek. Why did I kiss him on the cheek? Do I have a crush on him? No. No, I don't have a crush on anyone. I'm the daughter of Artemis, for the gods' sake! I do not have crushes on people! Much less men!

Yet again, the only person I could ever have a crush on is the guy from my prophecy. The child of water. Maybe, if I thought about it...

I concentrated hard on our adventures. Every time we touched hands, it sent out a spark inside of me. I always thought it was because his hands were warm while mine were cold...

I sat up on my bed, abruptly.

"I have a crush on Percy Jackson," I silently said.

"It's about time you realized," spoke Annabeth from my door.

I turned to face her so quickly, I thought I would get whiplash.

"What are you doing here?" I demanded.

Her eyes widened as if she'd just remembered she was here for a reason. "The tree," she said. "Something's going on."

I quickly put on some slippers, put on my sweater poncho cape coat and ran outside. Annabeth led me to the tree, which was glowing a little. 

Suddenly, a person appeared next to the tree. I didn't recognize her at first - the dark was making it difficult to distinguish facial features - but as soon as the moonlight hit her face, I gasped.

Right there, laying under her tree, stood Thalia.

I knelt by her side. She looked just like she did when we were travelling. She had the same short black hair and freckles across her nose. She was built like a long-distance runner, lithe and strong, and she wore the same clothes that were somewhere between punk and Goth—a black T-shirt, black tattered jeans, and a leather jacket with buttons from a bunch of bands I'd never heard of. 

Tears welled up in my eyes and Grover came galloping.

"I sensed something was wro - " He stopped mid-sentence when he saw Thalia. "I'll go call Chiron."

Minutes later, a crowd formed around us, Chiron came galloping, with Percy around his back.

"It healed the tree," Chiron said, his voice ragged. "And poison was not the only thing it purged."

I knew if I spoke, my voice would crack and the tears that were threatening to slip, would trickle down my face, but I had to try.

"It...she...just suddenly there..."

Percy leapt off Chiron's back and ran towards Thalia. Chiron said: "Percy, wait!" 

"It's true," Grover said, panting from his run up the hill. "I can't believe..." 

Nobody else came close to Thalia. 

Percy put his hand on her forehead. "She needs nectar and ambrosia," he said.

He took her by the shoulders and lifted her into a sitting position, resting her head on her shoulder. 

"Come on!" he yelled. "What's wrong with you people? Let's get her to the BigHouse." 

No one moved, not even Chiron. We were all too stunned. 

Then Thalia took a shaky breath. She coughed and opened her eyes. 

Her irises were startlingly blue—electric blue. The same electric blue eyes which had granted me comfort and safety all those many years ago. I had to choke back a sob.

Thalia stared at Percy in bewilderment, shivering and wild-eyed. "Who—" 

"I'm Percy," Percy said. "You're safe now." 

"Strangest dream..." 

"It's okay." 

"Dying." 

"No," he assured her. "You're okay. What's your name?" 

There was a second of suspense.

"I am Thalia," she finally said. "Daughter of Zeus."