six

i hate romance

i hate romance.
chapter six.

xingqiu shoved food into his mouth, the curry xiangling served was literally the best, of course with the slime on top just adding the perfect flavor. chongyun watches as the spicy smell enters his lungs and drives his mind to an unknown land.

he isn't fond of spicy food. he can't handle it well but he'll act like he can for xingqiu. said boy drops the bowl and burps, following with good manners of course.

"man, i'm stuffed! you put ice into your noodles. how odd."

"i don't like spicy food..."

xingqiu furrows his brows, "why? are you too scared?"

"no, i can't handle heat. so i'm not fond of summer."

"and when you fall in love? you're doomed y'know? i mean c'mon, you're going to blush. wherever your crush touches you makes your body go into sparks and if not that place will be extra hot," xingqiu leans toward chongyun. a playful smirk on his lips, "you're not good when people flirt with you are you?"

he finally backs off and puts his cold drink against chongyun's cheek. apologizing for playfully flirting with him soon after meeting him properly.

"i'm not good when people flirt with me. someone had flirted with me at a con and i was completely flustered because i was embarrassed. i was basically sweating and they took it as me liking it but i didn't like it, i just didn't know what to do. i guess they thought i liked them too and now we don't talk, at all.."

xingqiu pats the latter's head, his other hand still against his cheek. he notices how his once red cheeks were now a light pink. he would say how adorable chongyun looked but he didn't want to freak him out.

📖❄️

"look at you two getting along!" xiangling hops over to the fountain, she sits besides chongyun. patting his thigh lightly in a playful manner. she looks over at xingqiu, her smile grows wider and chuckles. "don't get along too well, can't have another pair to deal with."

the trio looks over at yanfei and hutao who were just so obviously flirting with each other. they all tensed, the two boys blinking at xiangling and throwing their hands in the air.

"why the hell do you guys keep saying that stuff! let's us be friends without romance!" they say in unison, xiangling shrugs with a laugh and bounces back onto her feet and with that, she's gone.

they both sigh and shake their heads looking back at each other. "slow songs should start soon, shall we head back in for them?"

chongyun nods getting up onto his feet, watching the latter get up as well. the moment they walked into the room the guests were up on their feet dancing against their partners slowly. the two teens cringed, sliding passed every duo and into the crowd of people.

chongyun feels xingqiu pat his shoulder, the light blue light made his eyes sparkle brighter and his hair shined. "shall we?"

"look at you going all prince mode on me."

chongyun grabbed his hand and followed his lead. they danced beneath the ball, flashes of all shades of blue hitting their faces. illuminating their eyes while they stared into each other's own lit up eyes.

somehow this was magical, the two boys only knowing each other for so little time had gotten along quite well. now, they danced together admiring one another.

xingqiu inhaled the sweet vanilla chongyun had pressed onto him. almost as if he was in a trance he smiles.

"jeez, i can see razor and bennett from here." xingqiu mutters for chongyun to hear. he didn't want the older to see his flushed cheeks.

they squeezed through the couples. dancing their way to the duo who awkwardly danced, xingqiu gently moving them together. whispering into bennett's ear.

razor's head tilts at the latter's flushed cheeks. only chongyun and bennett knew how embarassing it were to be if the younger boy had said that to razor.

❄️📖

"i'm beat." xingqiu stretches, throwing his hands onto his legs.

chongyun nods in response, rubbing his eyes and leaning his forehead onto the table. "i wanna get out of here. it's almost midnight."

xingqiu sighs, leaning onto chongyun. "this is where we part i guess."

chongyun hums, "farewell prince charming."

"we always have the media to keep us in contact. unless, you wanna give me your address for me to come and crash tonight."

"slumber party? that's sounds nice i haven't had friends over in a while."

❄️📖