Sex education pt.2 (Randy)

RYAN'S POV
"You look like an idiot," my brother said, walking in front of my room and laughing to see how I was dressed.

I looked in the mirror, trying to figure out if I could be nice enough to go out to eat with Andy. It still made me strange to say his name, I wasn't really used to it, but he told me I could call him by his name and so I started doing.

A red sweater and ripped black jeans was what I had chosen to wear for that lunch. I did not have anything elegant and much less did I have someone to ask for advice.

That night I fell asleep with a goodnight message from him, a smile on my lips and a mixture of excitement and happiness rushing through my veins. I did not remember the last time someone had said goodnight to me before going to sleep, but for some reason I was happy that after a long time he had been the one to give it to me.

How he managed to send this strange form of happiness into me was a mystery, but it was a good feeling and I didn't want it to end. It was stupid of me to think that all this could last, but on the other hand I was hoping so. I was hoping that this happiness and whatever else was behind it could last over time.

"I look good," I muttered in the mirror, smiling at my own words, words I haven't heard from me or anyone else for years.

I left the house, the cold December air was freezing, but there was snow and the snow made everything more beautiful. The exact moment I arrived at the bus stop I received a message and I immediately hoped it was him.

I'll pick you up, it's too cold to walk and I don't want you to get cold.

Where do you live?

I sent him my location, smiling as I did.

What was special about this message? Apparently nothing, but reading the message better you could perfectly understand what made my heart beat faster. All the people I knew would just let me walk, hot or cold, no one cared about me anyway. Not him. He cared about me. The fact that he wanted to come and drive me by car because outside was freezing cold and he didn't want me to get sick... Well, it really meant a lot.

Yes, I was travelling too much with my mind. My head was going to places it never should have crossed, but his blue eyes and their image printed in my mind didn't help me at all.

He was beautiful, the definition of beauty if someone asked me to think of the first thing that would come to my mind thinking about this word.

What was happening to me?

Not even ten minutes later a car stopped right in front of me and the beaming smile my eyes met couldn't be anyone else's but his.

"Hey" if possible his smile has become even bigger, something inside me changed.

"Hey" I smiled and wow, what a great feeling to smile. "Thank you for coming to get me"

"You're cute" I caught fire the moment I heard these words, my heart was beating like a hammer against my chest. "I think I didn't look at you well yesterday" he admitted, his lower lip between his teeth was the only thing my eyes could focus on.

"Thank you," I said, having gathered all my strength to say something. "You look good too. That sweater suits you"

"You're cute" he started the car, letting these words continue to wander in my head without any control on my part.

"Why did you want to meet me?"

"You're special" no one had ever told me before and it was precisely for this reason that I could not help thinking about these words. What did it mean that I was special? And what could I possibly have that was special?