Chapter 3

I went inside the kitchen and looked at it. I've spent so many happy times here with my mother when she was teaching me to cook but also hard times and now I was leaving this place I know I wasn't going far but still. This place had so many good memories of me and my parents but it also had memories of me begging him to not hurt me. I shrugged away all the bad thoughts. 

And started making pancakes for breakfast when the bell rang.  I quickly took my pancake off the pan so it wouldn't burn and went to open the door. 

There stood the capo of the Italian mafia himself or well my brother now huh how times change. "Mr.Costello what a surprise come on in I thought you were going to send a driver", I say trying to be polite but I knew my face was emotionless. But it was just something that was ingrained in me ever since I started training to take over. It seems that he was not expecting my emotionless facade cause he stood there with a shocked and somewhat hurt face. He followed me somewhat regaining his composure. "So I am making pancakes want some" 'what mama taught me some manners. ' umm sure I guess was his reply looking shocked I was guessing he was an imposter cause of the stories I have heard of him being heartless this is not how I would have imagined him. I mean I know I am acting like a bipolar bitch but I swear to satan he looks so freaking confused.

I slid over a stack of pancakes to him and start eating from my plate. I don't know what possessed me but I actually made an effort to talk to him. and well talking to him felt nice there was no pretending and conversation flowed naturally. We finished our breakfast and one of his guards took my luggage to the car.  Sitting in the car I realized that I had started to let my guard down around him even though I had only met him an hour ago. And that was dangerous caring for someone in my line of work was as good as giving them a death sentence. I vowed to myself that this won't happen again. All the things that I was feeling went right into my brain's trash can. It was sort of like flipping a switch on my emotions and turning them off. 

Soon enough we reached their house wait you couldn't call this a house, hell you couldn't even call this a mansion it was a freaking palace. Just imagine how huge it would be if I were acting shocked and I own a mansion. The driver opened the door and I stepped down. I quickly neutralize my face removing any trace that I felt any shock at seeing the house. We walked inside and Alexander called out " Boys come downstairs" I heard a stampede of footsteps and I swear the ground shook looking up I saw