Part 8

The next morning, I didn't wake Lia up for school. She needed to rest well because she had a really rough night. I set Lia's breakfast on the table so she could it heat it up and eat later when she wakes up.

"I think I should go to school." Lia said as she woke up.
"No, you should stay and rest, you need proper sleep." I instructed her.
"But you didn't get proper sleep either."
"Don't worry about me."
"How can I not?" She sounded angry.
"Please don't worry about me. Lia, you should rest and wait for your parents' call. Your dad's surgery will be over soon." I tried to reason with her.
"You're right."
"Good, I'll leave breakfast for you, see you later then Lia!"

She waved goodbye and gave me a file to give to Yeji and Chaeryoung for Literature club.

The school day went by really quick and the day was boring without Lia. During the last period, which was Lia's Literature club, I entered the room to give Yeji and Chaeryoung the file Lia instructed me to give earlier.

I opened the door and only saw Yeji and Chaeryoung sorting out some books here and there.

"Oh hi Ryujin, welcome." Yeji sounded a bit surprised.
"Hi guys."
"So how's Lia?" Chaeryoung added. I had told them the whole story about Mr Choi and they were worried too.
"Lia's strong, I'm sure she'll be perfectly fine." Yeji ended.
I nodded.
"Oh, right, Lia told me to give this to you." I handed over the file.
"Thanks Ryujin. Why don't you sit down for a minute?"
"Sure." I put my bag down and sat down.

"You really care about Lia, don't you?" Chaeryoung continued.
"Of course. I've been with her for the past thirteen years, she means everything to me." I smiled.
"You love her right?" Yeji teased.
"Yeah, I do love her." I sighed. "Too bad she doesn't really love me in that way."
"You know I think Lia loves you like that but doesn't realize it herself." Yeji explained.
"Yeah, Yej is right, because she's always talking about and gets so happy when you're around."
"I'm sure there are other reasons to that. Anyway, I have to go and check on Lia now. Bye guys!"

I left the room and walked back home

I don't think Lia loves me in that way. Or does she? Stop thinking about Ryujin, you'll make things awkward.

Lia P.O.V

"Hi mom, how's dad doing?"
"Hi sweetie, the operation was successful!"
"Yes yes yes! So he's fine now?" I cheered.
"He is but he's very weak, he'll have to stay at the hospital for about a week."
"Okay then."
"Anyway, dear, I have to go. Tell Ryujin too okay."
"Of course mom, bye."

Just as I hung the phone up, Ryujin entered the house. I immediately ran to hug her and she immediately knew that my father was fine.

"So it was successful?" She asked. I hummed in response. She hugged me back tightly.
"Did you eat?" She asked right after that.
"Oh right.. yes I at- ate but..."
"Sit down, I'll get food ready." She sighed.
"Thank you Ryu."

She set the food and table a few minutes later and we ate lunch.

"What would I do without you Ryujin." I unexpectedly blurted out, but it was true. What would I do without her?

"What do you mean?" She sounded confused.
"I mean I rely on you for everything, for food, for waking up on time, for shopping, for being happy, everything really."
"But likewise, I rely on you too Lia." She smiled and caressed my cheek. "We just have to be here for each other."
"You're right."

She was right. We both needed each other really. But maybe I needed her a bit more than she needed me.