35- opening night ♡

it was now friday and tour tickets go on sale today. i stayed over at the hype house again last night so i could be with thomas for the release of tickets. thomas was currently on the phone with the concert promoters to get a rough estimate of numbers of people waiting on the website. i was sat at the kitchen counter waiting for thomas to get off the phone. i felt sick with nerves. what if no one buys tickets? how embarrassing. i'm broken from my thoughts as vinnie walks down the stairs and comes up to me and kisses my cheek. his hair was all messy and he was squinting from the bright light. "have you eaten yet?" he asks me walking over to the fridge. "yeah" i lie. "okay then what did you eat?" he asks knowing i'm lying. "umm, you know food" i say realising i'm a terrible liar. "liar" vinnie whispers in a weird voice. "i'm not hungry" i tell him. "how can you not be hungry you haven't eaten for like 12 hours. i'm making you food" vinnie says. "do you want eggs, bacon or pancakes?" he asks. deep down i wanted none of them, i wanted nothing but i couldn't say no. "umm i'll just take whatever you have" i say. "no, i'll take whatever you want so just tell me" vinnie says now standing staring at me. he looked like a dad telling his child off. "fine, i'll have pancakes" i say. "correct answer" vinnie says and starts making the batter.

thomas then walks over after hanging up the phone. "i just got the numbers from the promoter, there's currently over 200 thousand people waiting across all the dates" thomas tells me dragging the number out. my jaw drops and my mouth forms an O. vinnie also turns around from the stove and looks at me in shock. "that's a lottt of people" vinnie says. "oh my god" is all i can say. "that's like crazy" i add. "yeah, so there's going to be a lot of disappointed people" thomas says and suddenly i feel guilty for not wanting to do more dates. i had no idea that there was that much demand. it was now 10 minutes until tickets went on sale and i was pacing around the kitchen. kovur walks into the kitchen holding her laptop. "what are you doing?" thomas laughs to her. "trying to get tickets duh" she says. "why are you on ticketmaster? i'll put you on the guest list" i say to her also laughing. "well i wasn't sure how many people you'd be allowed. i wanna see how many people are trying anyways" she sits down in the seat i was just sat in and keeps the website loaded.

it was now 2 minutes until the tickets went on sale. i stood over kovur's shoulder and watched her screen. ticketmaster had now put her in a queue for the LA show. there was 15 thousand people in the queue. "i can't look, i feel sick" i said covering my face with my hands walking away from the screen. "dude, there's almost 20 thousand people now" kovur shouted over to me as i walked away. i literally started shaking, this was a lot. thousands of people wanted to see me? me? why? i walked over to vinnie who was still making our pancakes. "they're live!" i hear thomas shout. i flinch. i literally can feel my stomach turn. vinnie notices. "it's okay you know, it's a good thing. people want to see you" he says holding my hands to stop them shaking. "i know, it's just a bit overwhelming" i say. "aww bub" he says pulling me into a hug. "i'm so proud of you, be proud of yourself" he whispers to me. i guess he's right. this is a crazy achievement i should be happy.

"every date is sold out already" thomas says. i check my phone it was 10:02. it had been 2 minutes. 2. minutes. my phone started buzzing, i pulled it out. it was olivia facetiming me. "ahhh" she screamed as i answered the phone. i screamed back. "girl, you're going on a SOLD OUT tour!" she yelled. "um no, WE'RE going on a sold out tour" i scream back to her. "i'm so excited, we're going to have so much fun! we're literally going to be travelling the country together every day" she says. "right? i'm so excited!" i say back to her. this time, not lying it was going to be so fun and i was excited.

flash forward 2 months

tonight was opening night of my tour. i was playing the hollywood bowl. i woke up to vinnie hovering over me. "itsssss show day!" he said to me before tickling my sides. i squealed. "i'm glad you're excited" i said to vinnie, laughing. "you should be too!" vinnie says to me. "i am, i am. i just need coffee" i say yawning.