𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦

"We'll make it fair."

•*•

•*•

"Miss Morelli, you have a call waiting for you in your office."

Just having walked through the doors of the Siren hideaway, Lettie gave a thankful nod before taking the paperwork from the hands of one of her employees. Shifting through the papers, she turned the doorknob of her office door. Setting the sheets on her desk, she walked around the wooden piece pulling out her chair to sit down. Lifting the telephone to her ear, she spoke eloquently, "This is Leticia Morelli speaking."

"The busy businesswoman has finally found some time for a break, I see."

A small grin formed on her lips at the deep voice of the man that was thousands of miles away from England, "Hello, Mister Adams."

Leaning back in her chair, the hazel eyed gypsy questioned playfully, "Innit late in New York? Shouldn't you be sound asleep?"

Leticia could hear a few shuffling noises in the background as he spoke, "It's good to hear your voice," taking a pause, Christopher continued, "You know, the telephone works both ways."

Heaving a sigh, Lettie crossed one leg over the other, "I know, my apologies. Work has been..."

"Busy," hearing no malice or change in his voice made her grin return to her lips as he heaved a dramatic sigh, "I understand. No need to explain. As long as I get to hear your voice in the end, the wait is worth it."

Shaking her head in disbelief at his kind words, Lettie replied, "Well, you'll be hearing this voice in person by the end of the week."

"You're coming back to New York?" His voice was one of surprise, a good surprise at that.

Nodding her head even though no one was there to see, she hummed quietly, "Mhm."

Chuckling shortly, Christopher's mood changed to a brighter one with excitement, "Well then, a reservation is in order. I'll set the date."

Sitting up straighter in her seat, the Morelli woman mumbled with hesitation, "Chris..."

"I know. As friends, of course," the older man continued in a joking manner, but some seriousness hid behind his words, "A man can still dream."

A smile grew on her lips at his word, Lettie had realized she had missed the company of her friend. After the humorous air had died down, the Adams man cleared his throat before speaking, "As much as I'd want to spend more time catching up, Lettie, there is another reason as to why I called," the young woman heard some more shuffling on the line before Christopher spoke up once more, "I'm aware the means of breaks is to get away from work, but good news has come into my possession."