𝘴𝘪𝘹

"Goodnight, Tommy."

•*•

•*•

Two weeks had gone by of Lettie being in New York.

She didn't go unaccompanied on her travels. Kennedy had joined her on the little adventure to America. Leticia needed somebody she trusted to look after Bellezza Nera, so when Kennedy had heard of a new promotion in the works, she was the first to jump on board. It gave the perfect opportunity to show to the Morelli woman that she was the woman that could get the job done of whatever she asked of her.

The younger of the two got herself situated in her new location quickly. For the first week, Leticia had Kennedy shadow her in her newly given role. In just under a week, the apprentice was able to find the financial problem regarding the orders of fabric coming in. The Morelli beauty was able to find the problem that very night after three glasses of whiskey and a few cigarettes.

The point was to have Kennedy find it and in the end she did. Leticia couldn't be more proud.

Kennedy had become for a lack of a better word-obsessed.

She loved the new leadership role and as Lettie made her way out the office in the back, she could confirm she had been right with her decision.

The younger executive had her back turned to Lettie as she finished up going over the list of names of new people who had put in their orders. Running her eyes along the length of their new clients, Kennedy instructed formally, "Make another copy of this and have it on my desk, please. We need to fact check their medical history and see what ever condition they have can be treated with the medicine they are asking for. Now a days there are more natural remedies, and most of the time some medicine causes more harm than good in the long run," nodding her head after giving her orders, Kennedy smiled, "Thank you, Jolene."

The freshly assigned assistant, nodded at her bosses requests before turning in the other direction to finish her duties. As Jolene passed Leticia, she bowed her head respectfully, Lettie herself giving her a sweet smile.

Walking to stand next to the younger woman, Lettie smirked with pride, "I see you're getting the swing of things."

Kennedy turned around, a grin growing on her face as she tucked hair behind her ear, "This new role is growing on me."

Nodding to the papers on Kennedy's desk, Lettie asked, "How's business going here this week?"

Kennedy walked around her desk hurriedly with a toothy grin still etched on her face. Picking up a paper, Kennedy shoved it into Lettie's hands happily, "Sales are going up. Besides the medicinal sales, the sales of your collections are extraordinary. Word on the street is, you are the next legendary designer."