𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

"We have officially made today lady's day."

•*•

•*•

The Garrison was bustling with men, the chatter of the room remained stagnant in volume as the individuals looking for any kind of work drank on alcohol waiting for their turns for a chance at a job.

Three Shelby brothers sat in a closed off room from the rest waiting for the next person to be interviewed to walk in. John sat beside his oldest brother smoking on a cigar, his face showcasing impatience. Arthur had his leg crossed over his knee while reading the daily newspaper, his grunt blaring clear in the silent space at what he had finished reading on the folded piece of paper. All while the Shelby leader smoked on his nearly finished white stick, his attention drawn to paperwork that laid out in front of him.

What broke each brothers focus from their previous activities was the sound of the door leading into their room opening with a creak. Seconds later, a young man holding a hat clenched between his hands walked into the center of the room. One glance at his nervous appearance was all it took to confirm to the Shelby brothers that the man before them had not been nearly a man for long, but just a boy.

Tommy looked him up and down at what seemed in an incredulous nature. It was either Thomas couldn't believe his eyes or he wondered what did this kid have up his sleeve?

Arthur's gruff voice spoke up first. His demanding tone held some tiredness to his words from the fact he has been saying the same sentence the past several times, "All right, then. Name?"

Shuffling on his feet from the nerves that entangled within his body, the young boy stated, "Digbeth Kid."

John held his cigar, the smoke from the end not covering the apparent smirk that formed on his lips as the man sat beside him lifted his eyes up from the newspaper he was reading in bewilderment, "The Dig...What are you? A boxer?"

The boy in question nodded his head slightly, "Digbeth Kid, like Billy the Kid."

Arthur looked back down to his newspaper, a humorous smile wanting to break out on his lips while John looked away trying to stifle a laugh.

Tommy held his own amusement in as he brought all of his attention onto the figure in front of him, "Spend a lot of time at the pictures, eh?" His stern blue eyes pierced through the boys in intimidation as he received a small nod, "Cowboy pictures? Tom mix, yeah?"

Next thing everyone knew, the kid pulled open his coat to show a holster strapped to the side of his belt. Arthur and John thinking the worst, immediately grabbed their weapon thinking danger was about to present itself, "What are you...?"