forbidden love

long before today, I wasn't happy. I was forced into an unhappy marriage with another of the same label, more than likely an iron from another kingdom. my heart belonged to another, and so did hers.

my father, the king of my iron realm, had dealt me an unlucky set of cards the day I became a real iron. he set me up with a fine piece of metal that didn't even like me to begin with, and we were forced into a marriage that was to last several years.

now, I sit here on our shared board, contemplating my entire existence.

I hadn't said a word about our relationship until she had mentioned it, and for now we would lay in the silence of an unsatisfied couple. a knock on the door was enough to gain our attention.

I made my way to the door, surprised at who was behind.

my step-brother, an iron of a different brand, in all of his shining glory. his metal shines in the moonlit room, never looking more handsome than now. whether he be my father's or not, I would never think of him as a brother, for I would always see him as my other half.

"hello."

I had forgotten he was there, and staring straight into my metal as I stared back at his.

"you look nice today, brother. "

the word hurt me, but I couldn't utter a single syllable in response to it.

"why, thank you. you look amazing as well."

and with that, he walked back out of the door, leaving me in silence.

a couple of weeks have passed, and I decided that I was tired of waiting. I was going to tell him what I was feeling. I didn't care anymore if I would be banned from my kingdom or not, if I was risking the throne when my father passed, risking the fame and wealth that I would earn if I were to keep quiet; I had to tell him.

he fires my soul, keeps me warm when everything was iced over. he was my other half, we were designed to work together, to be together. we were destined to be one.

I walk to his room, knocking my point on his door softly.

he opened it, and I fell wire over top all over again.

"oh, hello brother. what brings you?"

"we must talk."

he led me inside, walking to his bed and sitting down together.

"tell me."

it took me a while before I was able to form words again, growing accustomed to the sights before me. his room was neat, everything perfectly in place mimicking his person. he was amazing, able to keep everything organized and orderly even when he might not be feeling the same way.

I admired it.

"well...", I started off. how could you tell someone how you feel? how could you tell someone that they were your everything, and that you hoped they felt the same? that they were all that you thought about no matter the situation, and all they brought to your mind was happiness?

how could you tell someone that you were inexplicably in love with them?

"well...?", he repeated. I was stuck in my thoughts and hadn't noticed when he had moved closer and placed his plug on me. I was comfortable, as if we fit together like a puzzle.

"well. I'm... in love with you."

it was quiet.

he leaned in, as did I, and we interlocked. our wires wrapped around each other, our mains colliding and making almost quiet ksshh noises as we rubbed together. our own form of affection was settled.

"I'm in love with you too."

it was like fireworks were lit inside my heart and stomach and mind, everything colorful and beautiful, albeit loud and horrid. what would come next? what if they found out? where would we go? would we last? was this a dream? so many questions muddled my thoughts, and all I could mutter was "finally."

finally, I would be happy. finally, we could be together, we could be satisfied. finally was I content in this kingdom with the one I had loved all this time. and finally would he be loved by another...