one point two

ONE POINT TWO
AKA WHEN THE STARS
BECAME ADDICTIVE NECTAR

⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻♡♡♡⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻

DEAR DIARY,

today is september 21st, 20XX. i skipped school for almost a week now and my mom came home in an already heightened rage from getting reprimanded by her own mother. the crimson gemstone that twinkled against the chandelier's light connected against my compressed cheek. everyone stared as her hands became magnetic to my face.

the glimmer in everyone's eyes became the stars in the sky. everything became like stars in the sky. those stars are so bewitching, so inviting. and soon, it became silent. the silence was more beautiful than life itself. i wish i was in silence all of the time, forever and always in silence.

my sister woke me up to eat a raspberry tart with store-bought whipped cream on top.

WHY HAVE BAND-AID IN YOUR FACE?

Vanessa shivered when she heard Koko whisper in her ear. Her breath was like the February wind and she could slightly smell spearmint pierce her nostrils as she voiced those five words. Five, distressing, painful words that Vanessa didn't want to talk about. Especially to the new student that looked like she had no idea what regular, human life meant. Or even what regular, human life even was.

"Oh, or is it "Why do have Band-Aid on your face?"?" Koko's index fingernail gently scratched against her cheek. Vanessa could see makeup collect underneath her fingernail as she did it. Vanessa wondered what shade of foundation she used to become so fair and light. It might be the shade porcelain. Maybe even cream? She's getting distracted.

"It's "Why do you have a Band-Aid on your face?"." Vanessa tiredly corrected. "And don't worry about it, you're meant to help me with what I missed."

"Oh, sorry, Vanessa," Koko apologized, "if you don't want talk about it, it is okay. I was just curious, that is all."

Koko's voice echoed through one ear and out the other for Vanessa. She saw that Koko was pointing at her notes in her monotonous notebook (that had cute doodles and fancy handwriting) but all she could smell was that damned cherry perfume Koko had on. It was making her stomach boil over and revolve in on itself. She despised the smell of anything saccharine. It always reminded her of all of the times her sister shoved those desserts down her throat. Vanessa remembered the method she's been using to push down the urge to puke all over the place. Breathe in and out, super hard.

It wasn't helping. She began to panic. She was not about to puke on someone while she was in the classroom. Not again. The hysteria blaring alarms in her head only intensified her urge to puke.

Koko began to notice that Vanessa was becoming pale so she stopped talking and pointing at her notes to watch her. Her concern only heightened when Vanessa's melancholic eyes started to water and roll to the back of her head now and then.

Koko immediately went into action and raised her hand. "Teacher, I am going to take Vanessa to nurse office."

Before the teacher could respond, Koko wrapped Vanessa's arm around her shoulder and dragged her out of the classroom. As Koko dragged Vanessa, she realized something as she unintentionally smelled around her.

Her perfume was way too strong. She put too much on today because she wanted to impress all of the students at the school.

"Shoot," she cursed as her heart broke for the girl in her grasp. "I am so sorry, I didn't think my perfume was that strong!" Koko didn't look at Vanessa and didn't bother waiting for a response about her apology. All she wanted to do was to get Vanessa to the nurse's office.

After she said, "Do not worry, we are almost there," Vanessa fell into an abyss.