𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

Rosie got rid of the zombies and Gwi-nam, successfully managing to get past them and hide. Currently, she was running as quietly as she could, which made no sense because her shoes hitting the tiled floor made noises which always ended up attracting the attention of things she'd rather not have. She was so absorbed in her thoughts that she didn't hear anything, turning around a corner and bumping into something – or someone. She quickly raised her pocket-knife, stopping it midair when she noticed who she had stumbled into.

"Gyeong-su?" she questioned, lowering her weapon. "Woo-jin? Dae-su? Joon-young? Guys what –"

"No time for that," Gyeong-su cut her off. He gripped her hand tightly, afraid that if he let go of her hand, she might disappear. "Run."

She did what she was told, not bothering to look behind. It was stupid of her to focus on something like this, but she absolutely loved the feeling of her and Gyeong-su's hand together, their fingers intertwined. The boy was relieved when he saw her – it felt as if the weight was lifted off from his shoulders. He was so frustrated and annoyed at her for pulling something like that, but he saw how her eyes softened when she looked at him. It melted him. He just wanted to hug her and kiss her, but he couldn't do that. Not really.

Their hands fit perfectly like lego pieces that joined each other quickly and flawlessly without putting too much effort. Gyeong-su didn't get much time to think about it as he was running for his life, trying to get alive out of the situation they were in, but Rosie was a whole different story. All she could about was his hand gripping her own, his fingers tightly wrapped around her's, providing her the warmth she didn't know she needed.

She shouldn't be thinking about brushing his curls away from his eyes, she shouldn't feel like hugging him till her mind tells her to stop, she shouldn't encourage herself to confess her newfound love for him, she shouldn't stare at his lips and only think of kissing them until they're both panting heavily and their lips are swollen – but there she was, physically refraining herself to not do anything that could ruin their friendship and hurt her.

When Gyeong-su was in the Broadcasting Room, he had thought of everything he was going to say Rosie the moment he sees her. He made himself promise that no matter where they were, even if they were surrounded by loads of zombies, he'd still tell her – a word would work too. He wanted to call her stupid, idiot, immature, annoying, but as soon as he saw her face, his mind betrayed him. He couldn't bring himself to stay angry at her for too long.

He ran fastly, pulling her with him. He didn't want to lose her again. He hated how vulnerable she made him feel. Even one glance from her made him feel all giddy, happy that she noticed him in the first place. When she'd causally touch him, smile at him, laugh at his jokes, hang out with him – willingly. He loved how she didn't treat him differently because he was on Welfare.

He loved that about her – how she could never find it in herself to hate a person even if they weren't a good person. She'd create this image of them in her mind and keep on feeding it until she's satisfied. But he also disliked that about her. She'd give anyone a chance to prove their worth to her even if they didn't deserve her time.

He didn't understand how someone could be so pure. But that purity alone made him fall in love with her in the first place.

This is just a stupid filler chapter because I suck and the overwork from school doesn't help.