Chapter Seven: Meadow View Part 3

The next morning Sofia woke up and set out to the coffee shop, she sort of began to love. She ordered and sat down to snack on a croissant.

Then she saw something very strange. There was the man from yesterday, waiting in line for coffee. After he recieved his coffee and bagel he came to sit down next to her.

Sofia smiled at him, then got up to leave.

"Wait, I wanna talk." He grabbed her arm.

Sofia sighed and sat back down. "What do you want to talk about?"

He smiled. "Well I followed your advice and waited in line for coffee."

Sofia glared back at him. "Great!" She began to leave.

"Hold on." He caught her hand.

Sofia snatched her hand back and sat down. "What?"

He smiled. "I wanted to sincerely apologize for what I said to you yesterday at the annual, it was uncalled for."

Sofia turned away from him.

"Aww come on, I want us to be friends."

Sofia glanced back at his earnest expression. "Fine."

He beamed. "Great, so what are you doing today?"

"I'm going to tour the university." Something occurred to Sofia. "I don't know your name."

He laughed. "You're right, I'm used to people just recognizing me." He flashed her a bright smile. "I'm Brad. Brad Garnett, you?"

Sofia smiled. "Sofia Evans."

"Beautiful name." He smiled.

They chatted for a time, then Sofia's alarm went off. "Sorry Brad, but I've got to run or I'll be late."

Brad smiled. "I'll see you around."

Sofia walked up to the counter to pay, only to see. "Sydney? You work here too?"

Sydney bubbled. "Yeah, but I saw you talking to Brad."

Sofia reached for money. "And?"

"Aww you two would make such a cute couple." Sydney smiled.

Sofia let out a laugh. "He isn't mature enough."

Sydney took on a solemn expression. "Yes, it's obvious you like the mature guys."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Just that everyone saw the highschool girl dancing with Anthony last night.

Sofia glared. "I have to go." She sat the money down and walked away.

Sofia arrived at the university and was greeted by a girl a little older than her. "I'm Madison and I'll be showing you around the campus today.

Sofia smiled. "Sofia."

Madison took her to the dorms, the dining area, and finally to the classrooms. "It says you'll be attending a Psychology class tomorrow, this is where you'll come." She gestured to a building. "Come on, let's grab some lunch." Madison smiled.

Soon they were sitting in the dining area chatting, Madison seemed to be a girl who kept to herself, but she seemed nice enough.

At the end of the tour Madison smiled. "You seem real nice Sofia, you'll get along great here. I hope to see you this fall."

Sofia smiled. "I hope to be here."

Sofia left to waste the day away roaming around the town.

The next morning Sofia quickly grabbed her coffee and headed to campus to attend the morning class. When she arrived she walked down the steps looking for a seat.