Chapter 4

Spencer

I leaned back against the table and watched as Riley moved assuredly around the kitchen, fixing himself a cup of coffee. "What, no breakfast?" I asked.

He lifted his cup toward me and smirked. "I've got breakfast right here." I snorted and he laughed a little, too. "I know I should eat actual food. But I'm not used to eating for another couple of hours, so I'm not really hungry."

So, he wasn't going to eat... and I had already eaten. Whatever could we do? My mind raced with ideas, all of which started with getting him up to my room. I wasn't normally this much of a slut, but seriously, and I cannot stress this enough: the man was hot and I'd been in a dry spell.

Riley took a sip from his mug, totally unaware of the debauchery in my mind, and I could see a little coffee that had splashed above his upper lip. I wanted to lick it off. And then, I wanted to take off his clothes and spill more coffee all over him, and lap that up, too.

"Spencer?"

I snapped out of my thoughts, but I didn't have time to get embarrassed about how openly I'd just been staring at him. No, there was nothing to be embarrassed about here because Riley was watching me back with heated eyes that sent a tingle up my spine.

Riley moved painfully slowly, setting down his coffee and walking toward me with long, smooth strides. "Did you want something?" he asked softly once he stood in front of me.

Yeah, you.

But I didn't say it. First, because that was just a little too embarrassing no matter how true it was. Second, because it was clear from the glint in his dark eyes that he already knew. And he felt the same; he had to. No one looked at someone the way he was looking at me if they weren't interested.

I sucked my bottom lip into my mouth and bit it. Riley watched, and his eyes heated even further. When was the last time I met someone I wanted so much, so fast? It had been at least a year, and that time had fizzled out as soon as we hit the sheets. Did I want to risk the same happening now? It could make my time here really awkward, especially with him being my sister's best friend.

As if there was any question. If things got too awkward here, I could just go back home early.

I stepped forward to close the remaining distance between us, but Riley swiftly stepped back and took another sip of his coffee. He moved so fluidly, so casually, that I might almost have believed he'd really just been wanting a jolt of caffeine. Almost. But I knew better; I'd just been rejected.

My stomach dropped. I stepped past him, intent on shutting myself in my room so I could masturbate and then hide under the covers for a few hours. Or maybe I'd take a long shower, the kind where you stand there until the water runs cold just staring at the tiles and contemplating your life decisions. Yeah, actually. That was exactly what I needed right now.

Riley caught my hand before I could get very far. "Where are you going?" he asked pleasantly, as though nothing had just happened. For a second, I wondered whether I was actually going crazy and had imagined the whole thing. Maybe he really just wanted some coffee, after all.

"Um, upstairs."

Riley leaned back, perching an arm on the back of the chair behind him. His hips shifted and rolled with the motion, and I had to look away. How could a person be so attractive? It was like everything he did was designed to pull me in. "Why don't we hang out? I'm never up this time of day. I'd like to take advantage of it."

I was still embarrassed, but the idea of spending time alone with him was too appealing to walk away from. "What did you have in mind?"

"Want to go get some breakfast?"