~Chapter 2~

I had finished organizing my brand new office. I sat down, letting out a sigh, took those files he had given me, and started looking and analyzing through them, reading every single world.

After some time, my eyes were getting tired of reading, and I was barely half through all those files. My boss had really not gone easy on me for the first day, but I was not expecting less coming from one of the most famous industries of Seoul.

- "Work is so hard already. I better get used to working like this for the future, or else I am never going to be able to keep up," I muttered, already exhausted.

I got up, and decided to go to this certain Miss Choi my Boss was talking about, maybe she could show me around a bit, so that I wouldn't get lost again.

- "Hmmmm, where is her office, must be here, he said it was next to that deputy guy's office..." I said to myself, as I was searching for her office. Once in front of her door, I lightly knocked on it, and after a few seconds of an awkward silence, she signaled me to enter.

- "Hello, you must be Miss Choi... I am Kim Y/N, the new Secretary of Mr Lee. I am right next door, and I thought I would come over to meet you. Actually, if you are not too busy, I thought you could also show me around..." I said nicely, trying to already get comfortable with her.

- "Hello Kim Y/N, first of all, welcome to this company. I am so glad you came here, cause I am bored to death! Please, call me Minji, we don't need formalities between us! And, of course, I would love to make you visit, and besides we can get to know each other!" she said with an enthusiastic tone and a bright smile on her face. Seemed like she really had nothing to do, Mr Lee was serious about the deputy working on everything alone, he must be a workaholic. Anyway, as for Minji, I already knew we would get along.

We were walking through the building's hallways, and went to some of the most important floors. Minji had shown me every thing I had to know about this company.

I had observed each and every person that I had seen and they seemed to be working so assiduously, almost all of them having weary eyes. They were all serious, and few of them were taking time for themselves. They all seemed conscientious towards their work, but that did not seem pleasant to some of them.

In some of those people, deep in their eyes, we could perceive sorrow and grief. For some, work is to be where one has not chosen to be and where one is forced to remain, far from oneself and from everything. This made me realize how hard it was going to be to work here, and it slightly frightened me. What if I was going to have no more time for myself, or what if I was not good enough for this. What if I was going to hate this job.

But some might think otherwise ; without what we call work, without aim and effort, life can be dull and uninteresting.

After thinking about it for some time, I had made a decision. However it was going to be, I was ready to do anything. I wanted to succeed. I wanted to show my sister what I was capable of, I didn't want to deceive her. And I wanted to be sure what I was capable of doing myself.

We continued walking through buildings, Minji still telling me everything she had to say about her long years of work here.

I was so engulfed in her explanations that I had not seen the time pass. So I took my phone out to check the time quickly.

- "OH MY GOD! No no no, this can't be happening, 3 hours already passed. And I already have 6 missed calls from Mr Lee! This can't be good. Why me, WHY!" I yelled, making everyone surrounding us, turn to look at me stangely.

- "What happened, are you ok?" Minji kindly asked, with a worried expression plastered on her face.

- "I'm so sorry, but I have to go, Mr Choi called me 6 times, he must be really angry, I'm really sorry again, we can catch up later, here, take my number," I told her, quickly grabbing a random piece of paper and a pen, writing down my number on it, and handing it to her.