Chapter 9

Maya didn't take long to look around the room and charge at another spider, swinging at it and grazing it as it backed up and hisses. Spiders emerged from the tunnels chasing after her. All you could do was yell at first.

"Maya!" You called out to her but all you got was a glance before she charged back into the fry.

"Don't worry, I've got this" She called back.

"No you-" you tried but was cut off.

"Just stay were you are!" She ordered.

With a growl you run to the sword you spotted earlier. Pulling it out and holding it with both hands, it felt off in your hands being off balanced and rust but there wasn't an axe. You'd make the most of it. As Maya swong down to a spider you deflected it. She was shocked but swong right back at you.

"What the hell Maya!" You yelled at her.

"Why are you defending your kidnappers!" She cried continuously striking at you while you deflected as best you can.

"They didn't kidnap me!" You snapped back.

"Then why are you here! We already have a quest and your wasting time when you could be resting or better yet, traveling!" Maya lectures taking another swing.

"Not every waking moment has to be about some quest Maya. I'm actually learning something about myself. You might actually be killing my family here!" You countered.

"Your what!" Maya replied.

She paused looking between the spiders and you trying to connect some kind of dots. However, she was quickly tackled by a handful of spider which pined and tied her down to the ground, dragging her sword away. Maya struggled but was unable to fight anymore.

"What shall we do with her my lady?" One spider asked.

"(Y/n) does this human hold meaning to you?" Your sister asked you.

You looked a Maya who was still shifting gears in her head and back to the spider. How could you came her as a guide and teacher when she just burst into the cave set on killing everything in sight. The stories of her fighting gods never ended in her killing anyone except the God of war which made her action that much harder to justify.

"No, I do not truly know her. But she was assigned to be for a task I must fulfill and I intend to finish it with her guidance if that's all the same to you" you replied truthfully.

"Very well, keep her tied down for now. What task are you looking to fulfill now?" She asked.

"They are fated to being forth new gods to control and protect the land" a voice answered before you.

Turning around you found Zatz standing at the mouth of the entrance, a few spiders guiding him and his sword straped to is back unlike his counterpart. He gave a small thank to the spiders before enturing the room and glancing at Maya with confusion before stopping by your side.

"And you speak for them?" Your sister questioned.

"No, only to be a guide my lady" Zatz replied.

"What's with the formalities" you whispered to him.

"Remember my story about the gods' created beasts. That one of them, creation of God of the jungle creatures and thing alike" Zatz spoke to you and glancing back at Maya, "what happened?"

"Your comrade has just threatened the life's of my family, causing great ingures and maybe even taking lives" the spider spoke.

"I see, I apologize on her behalf. She knows not whom she faces" Zatz spoke kneeling.