Chapter 10

Sprite POV

I couldn't tell what my feelings were, Ikaris was family and was always there for me even after everyone else left. Lena never left my side since this started, she was my shoulder to cry on, my light, my flame. I couldn't let them hurt her but I won't hurt Ikaris either. I shouldn't have brought Lena with me, I should have sent her home to her family. I have a mission. I should have listened to Sersi when she said to not interfur, but I let my emotions get to me and become attached to human.

"You know when you told me you had family problems I didn't think it would be this bad." Lena said coming over to me. "The family that you have loves you, you're lucky to have them and they're lucky to have you. Sprite?" I looked up at her and nodded tears in my eyes.

"Why was I made this way?" I asked. She looked at me and her eyes glowed as she fell to the ground. "Lena? Lena? Flame? What's happening?" I asked, scared something was wrong. I picked her up and took her into the lab, catching Makkari and Thena's attention.

What happened? Makkari questioned as the emergence started. Lena opened her eyes and looked frantically. Phastos sent Makkari to find where it was starting.

"Lies, fire, destruction, death." Lena said in a daze, before coming back to herself. Sersi and Ikaris walked in. Thena helped to hold Lena up.

"I'm close to figuring it out." Phastos announced as Ikaris shot him.

"Boss, what are you doing?" Kingo questioned.

"I've let this go on long enough." Ikaris exclaimed Lena glared at him with nothing but pure hatred.

"Don't hurt him!" Sersi said holding Phastos.

"He lied to us. He already knew about the emergence." Sersi said.

"No, he didn't." Kingo said in denial.

"Ajak told me everything when we left Babylon." Ikaris told the group.

"What?" Kingo asked, not believing what he heard.

"You were never gonna let us stop the emergence." Phastos put together.

"No. I only wanted to protect you from the Deviants." Ikaris told us.

"If Ajak wanted you to take her place, why did she choose me? What have you done?" Sersi asked.

"He killed her." Lena and Druig said at the same time.

"In cold blood he fed her to the deviants, all he cares about is your stuipd mission!" Lena yelled infuriated.

"I had to." Ikaris tried to defend.

"She loved you." Sersi siad crying. I could feel the tears pricking at my eyes pleading to fall.

Lena POV

"Did she?" Ikaris questioned.

"She loved you." Sersi said again.

"Do you think it was easy to live with the truth? To know that one day all this would end? To keep on lying to you? If we gave humanity the choice, how many of them would be willing to die so that billions more could be born?" Ikaris tried to wager.

"We're not giving them a choice. Is this why you're willing to kill? You are so pathetic!" Phastos yelled.

"I'm an Eternal, Phastos. I exist for Arishem. As do you. It's who you are." Ikaris stated. I looked at him in discus.

"I wouldn't change a single thing about who I am. Born or made. But I do not exist for Arishem, I exist for my family!" Phastos yelled. I spun flames in my hands ready to fight.