Chapter 5: I Hate This Holiday

(Your POV)
Ugh, Valentine's Day.

"Do you not like Valentine's Day?" Lucoa asked from your couch while she played on some kind of mobile console called a 'Switch'.

"Not really." I was adjusting my tie in the living room, getting ready for work since today was Monday. "Let's be real here, it's just another holiday that's just made to make people buy more stuff they don't need."

"Come on, Valentine's Day has such a romantic feel to it, why not just embrace it?" Lucoa smiled. "Embrace the love side (Y/N), I'm sure you get a bunch of chocolates at work, and got even more in high school."

"Lucoa, I never got anything in high school because I had no friends." I sweatdropped, recalling my wasted youth that I spent reading. "As for work, I never get anything."

"Wow, is your workplace the kind that doesn't do holidays?" Lucoa looked up from her switch. Or maybe she didn't? Her eyes were closed as per usual??

"No, it's a lively workplace so long as we get our work done, but I'm just VERY unapproachable." I sweatdropped as I cleaned my glasses to make them spotless.

"Well that sucks man, you never got chocolate from anyone?" Lucoa questioned, and I shook my head. "If that's the case, I won't bring up Valentine's Day anymore."

"You don't have to be quiet about it, just don't expect me to get excited about it." I finished cleaning my glasses and touched my pockets to make sure my phone, wallet, and keys were there. "Alright Lucoa, I'll be heading to work now, want me to pick up anything on my way back?"

"Hm...no thank you." Lucoa responded with a smile on her face. "If I think of anything, I'll text you."

"Alright, see you later then." I left the living room and passed by the kitchen to open the front door to my apartment, closing it behind me after I left the apartment.

(Third POV)

Right after you left, the gears in Lucoa's head began turning right away. She was incredibly grateful for you allowing her to live in such a luxurious apartment, and she didn't even need to do anything. Lucoa set the switch down on the table and pulled out her phone. Lucoa dialed the phone number of a friend of hers. Putting the phone close to hear, she heard it ring before someone picked up.

"Kobayashi Residence, Tohru speaking." Tohru picked up the phone on the other side of the line.

"Hey Tohru, it's me, Lucoa." Lucoa informed the person on the other side of the phone. "Listen, how good are your cooking skills? I need your help with something important."

"My cooking skills are second to none!" Tohru bragged confidently, and in response, Lucoa went completely silent, not believing a word from Tohru's mouth. "Okay fine they're decent enough not to make anyone sick so long as I follow the recipe. Are you also planning on making some chocolate?"

"Yeah, I heard that it's kind of a tradition around here to give chocolates to people on Valentine's Day." Lucoa informed the fellow dragon. "Another thing I heard is that the chocolates mean more if you hand make them yourself."

"Hey you and (Y/N) have a bigger kitchen than Kobayashi and I have, so let's do it there!" Tohru suggested, and Lucoa looked at the spotless kitchen. "I'll bring the stuff we need to make the chocolate."

"Alright, I'll get everything ready." Lucoa then remembered the small electric dragon. "Hey, is Kanna coming by too or does she have school today?"

"Kanna has school today, so she won't be with us." Tohru was clearly doing something in the kitchen, because Lucoa could hear the sound of bags being moved.