Prologue

LOUIS P.O.V

Its been 15 years, and I could still feel her smile. I'm still thinking of what might have been or what we could have been.

________

I just finished moving here in the city. Loaded by tons of boxes around the house I've decided to open them one by one.

I was done with ten boxes now and I was on with the #11. The eleventh box is no different from the other boxes except it has a huge 'COLLEGE' plastered across the side of the box, A long time I struggled to that word, It was the worst time of my life. Many things have happened I just didn't how I was able to get through all of those things.

Halfway on sorting out the contents of the eleventh box I found this small wine bottle labeled with 11:11. It's filled with colorful little origami stars enclosed by an old withered cork.

I placed it down and went to my kitchen and got my cork screw. I picked up the bottle and popped open the wine bottle.

A fragrant smell filled my nostrils, a twist of citrus, lavender, jasmine and a little like berries. No doubt its a girls perfume.

That's when I noticed that under the cork there was a small piece if paper folded into the tiniest it can be, it was above those little origami stars.

I was gentle to open that folded piece of paper because of the age of the  paper it can be teared down easily.

The things written were these:

11:11, September 13, 1995

Hii. How's college? Mine's not that good though. The uni has a lot of plans for the freshmen and I'm struggling to fit in these groups and cliques they made. Anyway, I missed you already!

There's something you should know, I've done something this summer and I didn't tell you all about it. Sorry. I made this cute stars for you. :) Its for your birthday! Start reading them today!

But these are the instructions you must follow:

•You need to read them. One each day! only one.
You are supposed to read them by number. (They have numbers at the front. No cheating Lou!)
•I've arranged them by their number. The last ones are at the bottom of the bottle.
• AND I'M GONNA REPEAT THEM AGAIN, YOU SHALL NOT CHEAT!

That's all Louis! I miss you. I hope I can see you soon.

I love you from here at California to there at London! (I miss the rains sweetie {-.-"} )

Love, Ella x
___________________________

After reading that old letter I felt a surge of different emotions anger, sadness and things I can't explain. A felt my eyes stinging and tears were just blurring my vision and stream down my cheeks.

I chuckled at myself. This is ridiculous. I am already 37 years old and I still cry like a damn teenager just because of this 20 year old letter.

20 year old letter.

Yeah. 20 years since I was a stupid freshmen at college not knowing where I was heading and what to do in my life. Well, I still don't know.

Why am I even here? Moving into a city I'm unfamiliar to just because I was chasing on a dream I've let down 20 years ago. It would had turned out all right if she was here... If she was.

I flipped open the small paper again. I looked again on the small withered edge of the note where the letter ended.

"Love Ella x" it said.

Ella.

The name I chased down all these years. And the only name I will ever chase over, all my life.

I know what I'll do. I'll keep it. I would do what she says, everyday I'll unwrap this little stars and maybe at the right time and the right place. I'll know the answer...

Why she left.