how you met him 💟Zane💟

You were alone in a skating rink. No hockey players, no figure skaters only you and your manager. Or maybe you thought it was only the two of you.

At the age of 18, you've already been practicing for a quadruple spin. Two years ago, it happened accidentally in a tournament and won the gold medal. Right after that, you've been constantly losing against other females. It's as if it was your last showdown.

You had your left arm in front of you, heads up to the right, and bent your left leg. You began to spin on two feet, body stable and ready for the next step. You began to pull your arms towards your left. Once you felt centered, you rose your left foot up, and voila, you spun.

At that point, your mind was completely somewhere else. You didn't pay attention to reality anymore. But from the back of your ear, you could hear the manager clapping his hands. And also another...pair of hands were clapping, but who's was it?

You looked around and spotted a tall white-haired figure on the spectator's ground.

"That's..."

"That's Zane Julien alright. He's been here for hours now and he doesn't seem to want to leave."

You shook your head in disbelief. The tall male that was spectating you, was Zane Julien. The previous Champion who won World Figure Skating Championships? What was he doing here?

"Zane Julien, the Champion who won previously, was watching me fail the entire time?!"

"Well, yes. But he's been here for a couple of days. Meaning, spectating every single female figure skater I have in this group. I think he might be searching for a partner." Your manager stated.

The tall figure, who had prepared his skaters, stood on the ice and went towards you. His skin was flawlessly white like snow, his blue eyes glimmering right at you.

As soon as he stood in front of you, he held out a hand as greetings. You happily accepted his hand and shook it.

"Good afternoon miss. I'm Zane Julien." He greeted.

His voice was unexpectedly handsome too. It made your heart flutter at his formality.

"It's a great honor to meet you, Zane. My name is Y/n A/n. I'm sorry you had to see me fail for straight 5 hours."

"There's no need to be apologizing for practicing a quadruple spin. It's not easy, even for a Champion like me or a legend that has more experience in ice skating."

"I was here to ask your manager for cooperation." Zane quickly changed the topic. Turning towards your manager who had a surprised look on his face.

"So you were searching for a partner after all."

"Yes, and I would like Y/n to be my partner in my next tournament. I hope you have nothing against it." He said while giving you a glance and back at your manager.