TWO

and i can try to save you with all that i got

but i guess you can't save someone who was already lost

SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES

2017

When the Sargent had told Stacy to take Jake with her for the stakeout, the woman at first had been joyful but she had then proceeded to form a scornful expression when realization crept in that they wouldn't really be able to get any work done

Being married to Jake was wonderful— so good that most of the time she doubted if it was even happening to her. The Peralta man was a sweetheart... a very idiotic, handsome yet still funny sweetheart. But being married to Jake made it harder to concentrate on her job.

"Are you going to drink that?" A familiar voice brought Stacy back to real world. Rosa Diaz looked at the blonde expectedly, her eyes taped to the untouched cup of coffee kept in front of Stacy.

"I— Um— No," she finally answered, handing over the bitter-sweet taste of glorious paradise. She knew she wouldn't be able to enjoy it now that she was distracted by the thoughts that made her wonder different scenarios in her head over how spending six hours in a car with her husband would end.

"Whatcha' thinking about?" Rosa questioned, slightly interested.

Rosa Diaz, a certified badass really admired Stacy Kenner-Peralta... a badass in her own right.

Stacy sighed, "I have a lead for a case and guess who's with me as my partner?"

Rosa scrunched her face, "Scully?"

The blonde woman laughed, "Luckily no... It's Jake."

The Diaz woman stilled looked at her friend with a confused face, her eyes clearly asking the question 'why' before her mouth did.

"I love Jake... I really do but he has a knack of always keeping me out of danger. Like he will probably lock me up in the car if this stake-out goes out of hand!"

Rosa raised her eyebrow, "You do know how adorable that is, right?"

Stacy sighed again but this time there was a hint of a tiny smile on her face, "I do but I— I really hate him treating me like this fragile thing. I don't mind him eating my dinner but he got to stop taking my bullets."

"Oh, Stace," The raven-haired beauty laughed, "You can win against him in a fight and he just does it because he cares about you. Don't worry about it! For all you know, you both can end up having some much needed time between yourselves."