001

coach kang was infected, and he had just bit someone. and now the group was running into a hall full of other infected zombies.

a wonderful day, yes.

"get to the lab!" su-hyeok yells at cheong-san.

"hurry!"

he runs up, and the group makes a barricade around the science lab.

"there's too many zombies!" na-yeon screams.

"just fucking push!"

someone runs up the stairs. at first she seems like another zombie, but zombies don't wear disposable masks.

and they definitely don't have a knife in each of their hands.

"cheong-san! cheong-san! she's alive! look at her, she's alive!" on-jo says, shaking cheong-san and forcing him to look at the masked girl. on-jo stops suddenly and just stares. "and she's killing them."

watching the girl kill zombies was horrifying. she mercilessly chopped off their heads with the knives she had in her hands. you could tell she probably did martial arts at some point, because she was fighting exactly like su-hyeok.

or maybe even better than him.

with less zombies, on-jo grabs the fire hose and breaks the lock. their success is short-lived however, when more zombies run up the stairs. the girl with a mask leans over the door that dae-su holds. "ya! listen to me! go in, i'll lure them away, alright?"

despite not knowing the girl, wu-jin looks at her incredulously. "are you fucking crazy?" but she isn't listening. instead she runs back to the stairs, killing the zombies, and finally running back down.

and the last of them go inside.

***

"hey guys! mrs. park is here!" gyeong-su shouts from a window a couple stories down.

the rest of the students take turns until they all get down. everything is going smoothly.

until cheong-san gets pushed out of the window.

luckily, he managed to grab onto the rope at the last second. "fuck," he says, pushing the glasses back into his pocket. he knew exactly who's glasses these were, and he didn't want to lose them.

or her.

please be alive. i don't know what i'll do if you aren't.

"look down, down, down, down!" su-hyeok yells from the side of the building.

"i know." cheong-san says, clearly annoyed.

"shes got your foot moron, look!"

"i see that."

"kick her off or something. idiot."

"i'm trying," he says while kicking the zombie with his free foot.

"why the hell is it taking you so long?"

cheong-san kicks the zombie, making himself slip down the rope in the process. "i'm coming down," su-hyeok announces. "ya, no. stay there," cheong-san says, going completely ignored by su-hyeok. "i said no!"

"i'm coming!"

"don't. stay there!"

"oh shit!" su-hyeok yells, his foot slipping. he moves back to where he was. "hold... hold on," he says, catching his breath.

"y-ya, bare-su, look up!" cheong-san yells, and when he does, su-hyeok comes face to face with a zombie. the zombie lunges, and so does su-hyeok, grabbing onto the rope and climbing down, ending with his arms around cheong-san.

"ya, stop hugging me."

"i'm not hugging you."

"fuck off."

"you like it?"

they climb down and through the window, ignoring na-yeon's protests and yells about closing the window. ji-min starts closing the window, and right before it closes shut someone appears at the window. "close the window! it's probably a zombie!" wu-jin turns around. "would you shut the hell up-" he gets cut off by a glare from mrs. park.

"what do we do?"

"close the window!"

"not helping!"

"na-yeon, shut up!"

"ji-min, open the window and run away, just in case it's a zombie," on-jo says. "3, 2, 1..."

she opens the window and runs and a girl with a disposable mask falls through and onto the floor. a backpack skids across the floor, at na-yeon's feet. she lays on the floor for a bit, clutching to her hip in pain. or her upper thigh, it's hard to tell.

"she's bitten!"

"shut the hell up!"

"she's clutching her side, she's bitten!"

"i can hear you, you know," the girl on the floor says, quietly, rolling over to face the ground. she groans in pain, still clutching her side. her disposable mask covered part of her eyes, so it was hard to tell who she was. her name tag was nowhere to be found. but su-hyeok was almost 90% sure of who she was.

and he felt sick.

"you have a fucking knife in your skirt?" pulls su-hyeok out of his thoughts. the girl ignores dae-su, and proceeds to pull another one out of absolutely nowhere. as she tries to pull the third one out of her pocket, she stops and hisses in pain.

"i think she accidentally stabbed herself with the knives in her skirt," hye-ryeong says quietly. cheong-san's head whips around towards the girl. "should we help her?" he whispers.

wu-jin shakes his head. "i don't think she needs it. plus i doubt she'd let us touch her." and he was right.  she pulls her skirt slightly down and untucks her shirt, pulling it up, revealing a belt, clearly stolen from a boy's uniform, strapped to her waist, where all of the knives were pressed against her skin. she unbuckles the belt and throws it to side, at cheong-san's feet.

the girl takes a deep breath. "one.. two..." and on 'three', pulls the knife. she rolls over onto her back in pain. the cut isn't deep, thankfully, at least not based off how much blood is on the knife. she reaches out, not moving, looking for something. "lee na-yeon, can you take out the bandage wrapping from in there?" the girl in the pink sweater stares at her, wondering how she knew who she was. she bends down slowly, opening the backpack, pulling out the bandage, putting it at arms reach of the girl laying down. she wraps the bandage around her waist and gets up.

na-yeon steps back even further. "don't come near us!"

"she looks fine," on-jo says. na-yeon stares at the girl and steps slightly forward. she raises her chin up. "take off your mask. zombies get nosebleeds. she could have a nosebleed under that mask." she steps forward again. "take it off."

the girl sighs. "fucking hell, even during the end of the world you find a way to be annoying. te digo."

those two last words made cheong-san whip his head up. there was only person that he knew spoke spanish in korea. the girl takes off her mask.

"mi-mi?"

te digo- not a literal translation but it's a saying that basically means "my god".