06

CHAPTER SIX:
TRANQUILITY.

CHAPTER SIX:TRANQUILITY

THE LAST FEW DAYS WERE HEAVEN FOR VIOLET. Rue had begun getting sober, her depression finally lifted, and most of all, Ashtray and her continued to kiss in secret and spend all their waking hours together.

They hadn't defined their relationship yet, but they sure acted like a couple.

"I'm so happy for Rue, you know?" Violet grins softly, smoke coming out of her mouth.

Ashtray takes the blunt from her. "Yeah, for sure." He nods, taking a long drag from it. The girl runs a hand through her hair. "Like- she's gone to rehab before but, I don't know. I guess I never thought she'd actually wanna get sober."

"You think she's actually gonna get sober this time? For good?" Ash questions, handing the joint back to her.

Violet shrugs, "Don't know. I hope. But I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't." She changes the subject. "So, is Fez dating that Lexie girl or what?"

"Nah, Fez don't date." Ashtray shakes his head, furrowing his brows.

Violet laughs, "You don't see the way he looks at her?"

He looks confused. "What- what way? With his eyes?" She finishes the blunt. "Like she's the only girl in the world."

"Well, even if he did like her, no way she'd like him." Ashtray quickly shoots her down. She gives an awestruck look, "What! Why not?"

"Come on, Vi. He's a fuckin' dropout drug dealer. She's a saint in theatre with a 4.0 GPA. I love Fez, but seriously? That shit ain't happening." He huffs, turning to the computer behind him to watch the security cameras.

"Opposites attract! Why do you think I hang out with you, dipshit?" The blonde chuckles, crouching down to sit on the floor.

"Cause you're an idiot, idiot." He jokes, leaning down from the chair to flick her forehead.

"Ow! Bitch!" Violet laughs, sitting up to push his chest.

Ashtray ruffles her hair, and pushes her head back softly. The sunlight hits his face in an artistic way, making his dark brown eyes a more hazel colour. Violet watches him type on the computer silently, admiring his features.

"You're really good-looking, Ash. You could be like- a model or something." She leans back against the leg of the desk, high out of her mind.