Chapter 9

-As they both stood under the Moonlight-

"You will just have to pretend to be the male lead's soulmate! Easy right? Would like to accept the female lead role? We really need one right now." The director pleaded.

My eyes were wide open and the thought of being Lucas' soulmate. On the other hand, I have more than enough jobs to handle already!

"I dont really know... I can't really act well..." Athy replied feeling concerned.

"I'm sure miss Obelia can handle anything!" One of the staff butted in to motivate her.

"You'll do well don't worry!" The director sincerely smiled at her.

...

"Well... Alright... I'll try my best!" Athy said while putting her fist up with a bright smile.

The whole people inside the studio cheered and were really thrilled.

"Thank you so much Athanasia! Here." The director gave Athy the script.

"Make sure to memorize that by tomorrow! We will rehearse tomorrow. You are all dismissed" The director stopped shouting and went to pack his stuff.

Athy looked at Lucas who was still talking with someone. Athy hopped over to Lucas and peaked over to see who is Lucas talking to.

It's Miya.

Athy sighed and thought, 'I suppose Miya would be a good friend. I'll attempt to think more optimistically about her instead of negatively about her.'

"Hii Miya!" Athy waved at her.

Miya's expression turned dark and hid it well behind her mask.

"Hello! I heard that you got the role! I'm happy for you!!!" She said while jumping up and down clapping her hands.

"Thank you!" Athy turned to her phone to look at the time.

"Oh my! It's late in the evening. We should head back Lucas. Bai bai Miya!" She said while waving.

She waved back.

As Lucas was about to leave, Miya held his wrist which Lucas took his hand away from her.

"W-wait Lucas..." Miya stuttered due to Lucas glaring at her.

"Don't talk to me. I'm busy." Lucas said as he walked away following behind Athy.

'It's because of her! SHE IS THE PROBLEM! ATHANASIA.' Miya thought and glared at Athy's back.

"Come on Lumi! Let's head back." Athy carried Lumi in her arms while Lumi whined not wanting to go back home.

The doors closed.

The studio was quite far away from their house so they decided to take the bus. The bus soon arrived and they all went in. There was no one in the bus and they sat beside each other. Lumi was sound asleep on Athy's shoulder. Athy caresses her head by sliding her hands up and down. Athy sang the lullaby once again. It was soothing. The lullaby is Athy's own music that she once sang on stage. Soon enough Athy slept unconsciously with Lumi on her hands. Lucas grabbed Lumi and held her. With bumpy rides, Athy leaned her head on Lucas' shoulder. Lucas turned to see a beautiful sleeping face on his shoulder. He smiled and caresses her gently.

"It's been so long since I last saw you. Now you are all grown up it warms my heart. Back then you were a hopeless little kid. You cant do anything without me huh?" He continues to caresses her head as he happily smiles. Athy's expression soon changed into a worried and shocked face while she was sleeping. "Another bad dream..." He stared for a bit and couldn't help but feel down. He touched her forehead with his one finger and there was a spark of light coming out. "Sleep tight princess." Athy's expression changed and she was sleeping peacefully.