chapter two

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆☽Ⓛ❈Ⓒ☾⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

Bellamy's POV.

"You looked at your timetable yet?" Drew asks me from the other sofa.

We've been put in a dorm together, we're already friends because we went to the same middle school. I'm glad I've already got someone here and I don't have to stress about making new friends. Not that it's hard for me, I'm an extrovert and naturally friendly person. I like to think that I've mastered the balance of having confidence without being an ass.

"Yeah, it looks alright to be fair. You seen yours?"

"Yeah, not too bad. We get our prophecies on Wednesday, right?"

"Yeah, Wednesday." I think about it for a moment. "I've been trying to guess what mine might be. Mum and Dad got the amare flame, but my sister is an Elementus."

"Is there any truth to you having a similar prophecy to your parents? Is it genetic?" He asks me with interest.

I shrug and add, "Not sure, but most people I know have got similar ones to their parents."

"Great, I've got the animalius flame to look forward to, then," he says grumpily, making me laugh.

"What's wrong with that? You get an animal, like a familiar or something."

"I know, but it also means I have to date and stress about relationships instead of just having my soulmate picked out for me. Sounds so much easier. Plus, it would be cool to control fire or something. That's badass."

I roll my eyes at his comment. "Dating isn't that bad."

"Says the guy that lost his virginity way earlier than he should've," he mutters, and I throw one of the sofa cushions at him.

"Fuck you."

"No, thanks," he retorts and smirks at me. "Don't get mad because I'm calling you out for being a slut, Bellamy."

I roll my eyes at him again. "Stop exaggerating, I haven't slept with that many people. Besides, slut-shaming isn't PC anymore, Drew."

(PC = politically correct)

"Speaking of you being slut," he starts, ignoring my last comment completely. "Have you seen anyone who has caught your eye, yet?"

"Are you joking? I've been here like one hour."

"I know you, Bell. I bet you've seen a couple."

The Spanish looking guy from the lift pops into my mind, and I smile mischievously. "Maybe one."

"I knew it!"

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆✥⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

"We've got to go in together, it'll look better if there's more of us," Ryland, one of my other dormmates, starts stressing as we walk to the main hall for dinner.