005

I woke up to the sound of shouting. I was a bit confused at first because Cheol wasn't with me but then I remembered I was in the game. God. What did I get myself into.

I slowly opened my eyes and lifted my head. There was a woman at the doors shouting at the guards to let her go the the bathroom.

When I heard this I realised I needed to pee aswell. I got up and made my way to the front as lots of others were getting up aswell.

"Oi! Let me got to the toilets! I have to pee!"
The guards didn't respond.
"If you don't want me to pee all over the floor and make you clean it up I think you should let me go to the toilets!"

After hearing this the guards looked at eachother and one of them stepped forward. For a moment everyone thought they were going to shoot her but instead he told her she could go to the toilets but he had to stand outside and she can't be in there for more then 10 minutes.

She agreed and as she was about to leave I stepped forward saying I needed to go aswell.

------

After walking into the bathroom I waited a second then looked into the stalls to see that they had vents on the ceiling. I was tall yes, but it was too high for me to reach by myself.

I went to the stall that the lady went into and kicked it open. Thankfully I saw her smoking not peeing. She must of done the same trick as me to sneak the cigarettes in.

"What are you doing in here? Get out!"
I quickly pulled out my pocket knife startling her slightly
"U-uhh you want a cigarette?"
"Push me up there" I pointed to the vent and she asked why.
"I might be able to see what the next game is."
"Ok and? What's in it for me?"
" You won't get your neck sliced and I will tell you what I find"
"Good enough for me but be quick I don't want to get caught

----

As I was crawling through the vents I caught sight of a hatch and looked through it.

I saw a guard stirring a massive pot of..? What? I don't know what it was but It smelt like sugar... Honeycomb?

Whatever the smell was it was messing with my nose and I could feel I was going to sneeze
Shit
Just great.

I ducked my head quickly just as the guard looked up. I waited a good 20 seconds then headed back. I couldn't risk being caught anymore, whatever It was they were making definitely wasn't going to be our breakfast though. That's for sure.

----

As I made my way back into the main room the woman kept asking me what I saw. I told her I only saw them making breakfast just so she wouldn't talk to me anymore.

I walked back to my bed and layed down not wanting to do anything for the rest of the day. But (sadly) I heard the unmistakable voice of ji-yeong.

Great. Just what I needed.

"Sooo why did you take so long in the bathroom?"

I sat up and stared into her eyes. My god. They were so pretty- oh my days I really really need a doctor. I was glaring at her so much I was surprised she didn't wet herself-cause that's what everyone else does-

When I realised it wasnt working and she was just staring back knowingly I got a bit embarrassed for staring at her.
"I went into the vents to see what the next game was."I said in such a quiet voice we both had to lean in.she got the hint and started talking in a hushed voice aswell.
"Really? What did you see?"
"I didn't see much, there wasn't much time, all I could see was a guard cooking something but it was definitely too sugary to be food for us. It was massive aswell, which means it must be for the next game."
"They Could of been making biscuits."
" True, that would mean it might have something to do with carving or cutting out something."
"I remember when I was a kid my mum used to make dalgona for me! It must be that as the rounds are children's games!"
"Ok but that means we have to pick the easiest option."
"Yes ok! We're so smart!"

She smiled joyfully and man. If she always did that I think it would kill me. I flushed a faint pink.

My brain is at war with itself. One side wants to be rational and survive the games, the other wants to make friends and replace the gap that's been created over my life of loneliness.

I couldn't go on like this. Something had to change. But first, I think I need to tell her something I never tell anyone. Just because y'know only one of us is escaping. Right?

Hi guys I'm sorry for not posting a while I had some problems I had to fix and stuff I will definitely post more tho also I'm gonna start a book based on my lil brothers story he made up in 2020. He's only 11 lol.