iv. 𝐇𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤?

Miguel and Karter held hands as they walked through the garden, plenty of people from around school being there, so having to make it believable

Miguel and Karter held hands as they walked through the garden, plenty of people from around school being there, so having to make it believable. After Sensei Kreeses training, they were tempted to go take a nap, but ended up having to get their instagram pictures for Sam's sake. "Okay, come close."

Karter held the phone infront of her, Miguel smooshing his face close to hers, snapping the quick picture infront of the heart sculpted rose bush. "Yes, that's so cute."

"Like a Pinterest couple." Karter agreed, looking down at the photo as she slapped a filter on it. "Jealousy worthy."

Miguel grinned, letting her hand go as they sat down on the near benches. "You know, you don't have to do this."

"What? Come on, i'm a sucker for a cute love story. If I have to be the other woman that everyone hates, in order for it to happen, then so be it." Karters words made Miguel laugh slightly, leaning on the bench as Karter crossed her legs under her thighs. "Plus, it's just for the summer, right?"

Miguel gave a sudden look. "I forgot you're leaving at the end of the summer."

Karter inhale with a shrug. "Arizona calls."

"Why do you live all the way in Arizona if Hawk and your grandparents live here?" Miguel asked, turning to her more. "I mean, it's yalls moms that are related, right?"

"Yeah, we're related through our moms." Karter nodded her head, crossing her legs under her. "All her side of the family is here."

"Well, what about your dad? Is that why you guys are in Arizona?" Miguel nodded his head in questioning.

"Oh, no, i've got two moms." Karter shook her head as Miguel hummed in realization. "But, yeah, my other mom is from Arizona and her side of the family is more...what's the word?"

Miguel rose an eyebrow. "Better?"

"Involved." Karter gave a questionable look. "Bigger. You know, i've got four aunts, two uncles, nine cousins. Here, it's just my aunt and uncle, Hawk, and Lolly and Pop."

"Yeah, I guess I can see where that makes sense. But, you probably miss this side of the family, don't you?" his arm was across the bench behind her. "I mean, Hawks mom is questionable,  but i've heard you guys have pretty cool grandparents."

Karter laughed slightly. "Crazy rich grandparents too. No, they're great. I do miss them, but, I don't know, I guess my mom thought my other mom was more important or something."

Miguel pretended to understand. Karter nodded his way. "What about your family? I like your Yaya and mom."

Miguel laughed slightly. "They like you too. Said we can give you a ride home anytime."

Karter gave a tiny smile. "And your dad?"

He shook his head. "Don't know, really. It's always just been the three of us, I didn't really know anything about him."