Valentine's Day Short

Valentine's Day, Feb. 14th, 2003

Camreon was so nervous. Today was the day he confessed to the girl of his dreams.

He felt bad for not hanging out with her since it was also her birthday, but it had to be perfect!

Her sister Silena was helping him too, when she wasn't busy, of course. Being assistant cabin leader was no easy task from what he'd seen.

Finally, everything was ready. There were her favorite chocolates, candles, fireflies, cupcakes, and of course, her present!

Now that everything was ready though, the caterpillars in his stomach started turning into butterflies, causing a frenzy to set off the nervousness he was fending off with busy work but was now prominent.

He had a note to give her, wasn't 100% sure it was legible, but she always understood what he meant and never made fun of him for it like others, so it was ok. So why couldn't he move? He needed to put it on the rock, but he couldn't even lift a foot, much less walk.

He felt a gentle hand on his shoulder and looked up to see Silena.

"Hey Camreon, looks great!" he just nodded, trying to swallow the lump in his throat. She looked into his eyes, noticing something was wrong, "hey, what's wrong? She'll love it, you know she will,"

His response was so quiet and ridiculous Silena almost thought she hallucinated it,

"But... what if she hates me for ruining our friendship?" he looked up at her with wide eyes, worried. She was only a couple of years older than him, but she was definitely taller, though most people, even if they were his age were taller than him,

"Camreon... do you want to know one of the powers of the children of Aphrodite?"

"Um... you're really pretty?"

"Haha, that's definitely a bonus, but not what I meant. We know when someone feels romantic feelings for someone else, even if the person themselves doesn't know it. She'll love it because she loves you too, Cam. She just hasn't realized that's what it is yet. Trust me on this, ok?"

He gulped, a bit of hope shining through again, "Thanks Silena, I trust you."

She smiled, "Good, now go get'em, tiger!"

He smiled at her one more time before running off to set his note.

She smiled as she watched him race past the trees, shaking her head before excitedly setting off toward the beach, where Charles had asked to meet her.

~

You'll find out who Camreon is in the next part, which I'll upload later this week.

Hope you weren't too disappointed with it, I just wrote that today, so it hasn't been edited really.

Bye!