Chapter 11 - An Empty Apartment

James POV

"Why do you guys even have this?" Adam yells from the bathroom.

"It's James's!" Daniel calls. I quickly tackle him, face red.

"He's lying!" I shout over the two's laughter.

After a few minutes, Daniel and I have (mostly) stopped fighting, and the bathroom door remains closed.

"You don't have to if you really don't want to." Dan tells him.

There is a sigh, then a click. I watch as the bathroom door opens.

Adam awkwardly steps out, his red face facing away. His arms are crossed, and his foot taps impatiently. And, of course, you can't forget the fact that he's wearing a bright pink miniskirt.

Literally. It's impossible to miss.

I hear Noah snicker at me and I realize that I'm starting to drool.

My ears heat up as I wipe the drool off my face.

Thankfully, Adam is still looking away, or else I'd die of embarrassment.

After a little while, we get settled and turn on some show as background noise. However, Daniel and I aren't watching the show. Instead, we are watching Adam. I find my eyes drifting back to him every few minutes, noticing little things like how he picks his lips every once in a while, and the way he cuddles the pillow next to him.

Damn, I have fallen for this boy.

Daniel POV

I watch as Adam falls asleep, his eyelids slowly drifting shut.

I reluctantly leave to get him one of my blankets, not wanting to take my eyes off him for a second. I quickly grab the softest one, then quickly return to the living room, glad to see that nothing seems to have changed while I was gone.

I carefully cover him with the blanket, feeling pleased as he smiles and pulls it closer. I start to take my hand away, but he sleepily grabs my arm, holding it close. I smile softly, taking his face in my hand and gently rubbing his cheek with my thumb.

I slowly pull my hand away, and James gets up to head to bed.

"Goodnight." I whisper, heading to my room.

As I walk down the hallway, I spot James kiss his forehead out of the corner of my eye. I chuckle, heading to bed.

- The Next Morning -

Adam POV

I awake from a wonderful, dreamless sleep, keeping my tired eyes closed. I feel a warm blanket over me, and smile a little.

I can hear talking from somewhere ahead of me, and peek my eyes open a bit to see who it is.

I see the three boys sitting at the counter, talking to each other and laughing. They all look perfectly content.

This makes me remember something important.

I'm not supposed to be here.

Ugh, I need to find a new apartment. There's no way I could afford our - er, my - current one with just my pay. Martin has always had a high-up job in his family's company, which is why we could afford such a nice apartment.