Chapter 1: Darkness

Selien

Darkness, that's where it all started.

At the beginning of time, only Heaven and Earth existed. Both of them fell in love and started what is now know
n as the world. Then the Universe was created; the Planets, the Stars, the Sun and the Moon.

The Sun, whose name was Helia, was admired by everyone. Every morning, she walked around the world giving the inhabitants of the Earth a little of her light and heat. She was radiant, with her golden hair and dark tan skin. The other gods believed that, with her beautiful brown eyes, it was enough to spread all her splendor in every corner of the Universe.

The Moon, whose name was Selien, was feared by many. This more than anything because many feared the night and the dark. Selien's presence meant that the time had come for Helia to go. Unlike Helia, Selien was quite pale. His appearance unsettled the gods, with his wavy black hair and cold, expressionless blue eyes.

What they didn't know was that every night the Moon shone, it was thanks to the Sun. At night due to Helia's light, Selien could illuminate mortals, which gave them some comfort.

The Stars spoke ill of him. They said he was hated, unlike them. Everyone went out of their houses at night to try to count them and ask for wishes. On the other hand, nobody sat down to appreciate the Moon, it was too imperfect and lonely. Nobody ever cared about the Moon, or so Selien believed.

Sunset was the time of day that the Moon loved the most. When the sky is dyed with warm colors, which envelop the beauty of the Sun. The sunset meant loneliness for Selien, even being surrounded by the Stars, but it also meant that he could see Helia rest without her realizing it. It didn't matter that everyone hated him, the only thing that mattered was that he could see her.

After each sunset, Selien did his work. He left the Palace of the Moon in his lunar chariot and was present on the darkest nights to illuminate the Earth. He did not do it with joy or dislike, after all, it was a job assigned to him by the Universe. Since Creation it had always been like this, always told what to do. He never had decision-making power.

"You must illuminate the Earth every night" Universe said. "I will give you the Stars, as your company. All together will light up my mantle, but it is important that you never break this rule: You must never speak to Helia".

"Who is Helia?" Salien asked. Those were his first words. His voice sounded so weak at first.

"Helia is the Sun" answered Universe. "She will be your counterpart and both will be in charge of enlightening mortals. She does it during the day and you do it at night. You will illuminate the world thanks to the light of Helia, but she will never know of your existence".

"Why?"

"Because that's how I determine it".

From that day on, Selien knew that he would never have a chance with Helia.

On the first day after Creation, Helia got up and in her solar chariot illuminated everything in her path. Selien did not see her for several hours. During that time, he spent preparing himself. He was nervous and went to look for the Stars. But they were resting. As soon as Selien got to them, they snapped at him.

"Go bother Universe, leave us alone" Phoenix yelled.

"But I'm nervous, I need company. After all, that's what you're here for" answered Selien, a little embarrassed. He was hoping his first day would be a little more friendly.

"As if it was fun to have to see your face all night..." - Sirius murmured, causing laughter in the other Stars.

"Leave him alone, he's just nervous. I doubt you are not too" said Baham. This surprised Selien, as he did not expect a Star to defend him. Baham had white skin and white hair, like all of her kind.

"Thanks".

"No problem. Unlike my brothers and sisters, I am nicer. Come on, let's go to somewhere else".

At that time Selien made his first and only friend. At least I had someone to trust. But that didn't bring Helia out of his thoughts. Hours passed and he was more and more nervous, he wanted to see her. And then it happened.

The sunset began and Helia was already retiring to rest. Selien knew that she must be pretty, but he never imagined that she would be the picture of perfection.

First, he saw her silhouette and that alone was enough to make his heart pound. Her hair was golden and curly, giving the impression that with just one of them, she was capable of destroying you. But he didn't mind being destroyed by her. Her skin was brown as wheat, she did not have a single blemish.

The moment she turned around and came face to face with Selien and he looked into her eyes, though she couldn't see him, the Moon knew he could never forget the Sun.
________________

Hope you liked this. Remember, my first lenguage is not english so if I made a mistake, I'm sorry <3
Also, this are the characters. If you have any doubt about them, ask!

 If you have any doubt about them, ask!

The Celestials