Chapter 18

Lauren stirred in her sleep as a bit of sunlight lit up her room. She turned over in attempt to lessen the effect of the sunlight from the window she was facing. Still with her eyes closed, Lauren outstretched her arm, reaching for Zayn to pull him closer but her arm landed on an empty mattress. Lauren opened her eyes and looked at the pillows that were lined up where Zayn's body once laid. There was a piece of paper folded on one of the pillows and Lauren propped her body up on one elbow as she opened it up.

'Good morning beautiful,
I'm sorry I wasn't there when you woke up; you know how much I love for your voice to be the first thing I hear in the morning and those stunning little eyes to be the first thing I see..but I guess I got the next best thing...your dad.'

Lauren laughed as she laid on her back again, holding the note above her face to keep reading.

'I'm glad we weren't all intertwined when he came in for two reasons: one, I actually value my life..despite your dad 'trusting us' he still had kind of a funny look on his face when he woke me up and two, I didn't want to wake you up, especially since he woke me up at 6:30. You looked so precious sleeping I couldn't bring myself to wake you up to tell you we were going down to start on the shed so I wrote this instead. Hopefully by the time you read this we'll be close to being done cause you slept in, but knowing you, a little sun hits your face and you're up. Anyways, I love you, see you soon, xx -Z'

Lauren smiled as she sat up and folded the letter the same way it had been. She slowly stood up from her bed and walked to her window, fully opening the curtains. Looking out the window, she saw her father and Zayn working in the corner of the backyard. Lauren giggled as she saw Zayn describe something animatedly and her dad tilt his head back in laughter. It made her happy to see how well the two got along, Lauren had always been a daddy's girl so it was important to her from the start for her dad to like Zayn. Lauren flipped her long dark hair as she made her way over to her night stand where her phone was vibrating excessively; the cause, her group message with the girls, no doubt.

She picked up her phone and noticed it was almost 10 o'clock and she had several messages from the girls who were talking about going to Ally's house for something she wanted to show the girls yesterday but never got the chance to. Lauren agreed to go since it seemed like Zayn and Mike still had a bit of work left to do. She locked her phone and put it down again, before moving over to her drawers and grabbing shorts and a t-shirt and walking over to the bathroom to get ready. A few moments later, Lauren made her way downstairs and saw no one else was up yet so she went out to her backyard to check on her two favorite guys.

"Morning!" Lauren spoke loudly to be heard over the banging of the hammer. She made her way to her fathers side who had turned his head over his shoulder to look at her.

"Morning, we didn't wake you did we?" Mike asked, standing up from the crouched position he was in.

"No, the sun came in through my window," Lauren stated with a small smile as she saw Zayn chuckle to himself. "Did you guys have any breakfast?"

"No it was too early," Mike responded.

"Well you need to eat something, you guys have been out here for hours and it's starting to get hot, I'll make you guys some toast and bring you some fruits. Any preferences on the fruit?" Lauren questioned and Mike shook his head.

"Babe?" Lauren addressed Zayn.

"An orange would be nice," Zayn smiled.

"You got it, I'll be right back," Lauren replied before making her way back inside. A few moments later she walked back outside with two plates, each with a couple pieces of toast and some orange slices on them.