Chapter Two: The Fight Begins

Zeus was not nervous not nervous at all. He was the King of the Gods. In his arrogant mind he was the best. He had defeated the Titians and was very powerful. Both of these statements were true however it was eons ago that he defeated the Titians. He had become lazy so he was not as powerful as he boasted.

Percy Jackson was also not nervous. He knew he had a hard fight on his hands. He knew he might die. In fact he knew he had a very high chance. So why was he so claim and not nervous? The answer is simple. He had accepted death.

The samurai of ancient Japan, the gladiators of ancient Rome and the spartans of ancient Greece all had one thing in common. They all were trained to accept death and that was why they were the most fearsome fighters in history. Like them Percy had accepted death so he was ready to fight at his best.

The other thing going for him was that he had nothing to lose. Wisdom of battle would tell you don't fight someone that has nothing left to lose or at least thinks they have nothing left to lose. In Percy's case he truly had nothing left to lose only his life which to him was hopeless.

So he drew his sword he did not have his battle armor. It was dented in the final battle with Kornos and he had not had the time to repair it. Zeus had no armor on but he had a sword. He did not think armor was needed. Zeus started off by shooting off a massive amount of lighting at Percy. So much so that no one could see Percy.

A huge amount of smoke was created and when it cleared a large dome of rocks was seen. Zeus walked away thinking he had won the battle. A blast of water hit him square in the chest. It caused him to stumble back a few feet. Everyone heard Percy say. "You are so weak that a little blast of water makes you stumble."

Zeus was not happy by the comment. He unleashed even more lightning bolts on Percy. Once again Percy protected himself with the earth. Now many may be wondering about that. Poseidon was also the god of earthquakes. So Percy had gained that power as well. He used it to break the earth in the battle field and it protected him. He also dodged some of the lightning bolts.

Zeus kept on shooting them. He stopped when he was stabbed in the left arm with a sword. Before he could counter attack he was hit in the jaw with a fist made of pure water. It caused him go up a few feet and to fall to the ground. Percy was laughing. "You are really weak I have landed three good blows on you. You have yet to hit me once."

Zeus jumps up and charges with his sword. He goes for a downward swing. Percy blocks it with Riptide. Percy counters with a slash that draws golden blood. He then back flips out of the way form what would be a devastating blow. Percy smiled and said. "Is that all you got?"

On the sidelines Artemis asked. "What is Percy doing?" Athena said. "What he is doing is stupid and insane but absolutely brilliant at the same time." To answer further the question she knew her sister was going to ask she said. "He is trying to get dad to lose his cool which will get him to not fight the right way." Ares was with them and he said. "I agree it is so much fun to watch. I am so glad I gave the kid my blessing."

Percy was having fun. He kept dodging Zeus strikes. Not a single one has landed. Percy said. "Kornos was better then you. Heck Grover is better with a sword then you are and he does not like to use swords. Actual he doesn't use a sword." These insults were enraging Zeus. Zeus went for a strike which Percy blocked. He then broke away the sword and then stabbed Zeus right in the chest. On a mortal the wound would have killed him or her.

Zeus tried to attack Percy since Riptide got stuck in his chest. Percy released the blade and jumped back to avoid the strikes. Zeus said. "It looks like you are without your sword." Percy said. "For now I am that is true." Percy gathered the water around him and shaped it into the form of a sword.