Chapter 18

Harry POV
When I woke up the next morning, Draco had already left. Strange. But I was too nervous to think about it. I took the gillyweed and went to breakfast. After breakfast, Hermione and I walked to the lake together. There were huge towers standing in the water, crowded by students and teachers. "Champions get ready!" I quickly said bye to Hermione, who headed to the front of one of the towers, and went to the other Champions. "Ready? Go!" I took my gillyweed and dived. I quickly swum around, knowing I had only an hour. Finally, I saw the four treasures. But it weren't objects, it were persons. I saw a little girl who could be Fleurs sister, Cedrics girlfriend Cho, and Viktors best friend, but I didn't recognise my person. I swum a little closer. My eyes widened. Draco. I saw Cedric freeing Cho and taking her back up. I saw Fleur, who didn't had enough breath anymore and couldn't save her sister. Viktor also managed to free his best friend, and took him back up. I freed Draco, and knew I had only five minutes left. I also tried to free Fleurs sister, but the mermaids came. "Only one."they hissed. I nodded, and they left. I knew I had to be quick. I freed Fleurs sister and tried to get up as fast as I could. The mermaids came back, and I let go of Draco and the girl. They levitated up, thanks to the gravity. I tried to fight the mermaids of, but my gillyweed wore off. I couldn't fight the mermaids anymore, and I quickly looked up. Draco and the girl were safe.

Hermione POV
Fleur came up in twenty minutes, because she didn't had enough breath. Twenty minutes later, Viktor came up with his best friend. Ten minutes later, Cedric came up with his girlfriend. Harry had ten minutes left. Nine minutes later, Draco and a little girl came up. "Gabrielle!" Fleur ran towards her and hugged her. She turned her head to Draco, who was looking over the lake. "You helped her?" He looked up. "Harry freed us. I don't know where he is." He looked back over the lake again. I stood next to him. "Harry'll come. He's strong. I'm sure he can do this." He nodded.

Draco POV
Ten seconds left. Harry still didn't came up. "Five seconds left..." Suddenly, in the last second, Harry launched himself out of the water. He landed right in front of us, choking on water. I kneeled down beside him, as did Hermione, and we both pulled him into a hug. He finally stopped coughing, and hugged back. Fleur ran up to him, and thanked him for saving her sister. Hermione dropped a towel around his shoulders and he let go of his throat to adjust it. He had a huge scar on his throat. I gasped. "Merlin, Harry, how did you get that scar?" "Mermaids. They wanted to kill me because I was only allowed to save one person, but I saved two." This idiot actually almost died to save a girl he doesn't know. "Well next time follow the rules." "Will do, Ferret." I sighed. "You're never going to stop calling me that, will you?" He just smirked, which was enough answer for me. We all headed back to the castle so the Champions would get some rest and could prepare for the last task.