Chapter 14

"Y-You mean they did something like that?"

Ruqayya nodded, staring at her mother. She expected this kind of reaction from her mother. It took her days to believe they actually raped her. They didn't only rape her, they also raped her friend. After thinking about everything, she figured out Farida was raped that night. Her bruised body and torn cloth explains it all. She is still bothered about the fact that she killed Farida.

"Farida's mum told me she died due to how she was assaulted. Are you sure you sta-stabbed her?" Hassana was sure Farida was not stabbed. She was the one that read the test result. So how is it possible she was stabbed and they didn't indicate in the test result?

"You mean she was not stabbed?"

Hassana nodded, staring at her confused daughter.

"Wait, they set me up?" She said more like asked. Thinking about everything that happened, she actually didn't stab her. The knife was on her stomach. Does that means Farida was dead before she came downstairs?

"Those bastard!" Hassana hissed under her breath.

"Why? Why did they do something like that? What will they gain? Why did kill my friend? Farida was like every other teenager. All she wanted was to be happy. Why will anyone take advantage of someone that innocent?" Ruqayya couldn't control her tears now. She didn't have enough time to cry about Farida's death before.

"Look at me, Ruqayyah." Hassana wipe away her daughter's tears and gulped. "I will make them pay for what they did to you. I will make sure I send them to jail. You don't have to worry about anything." Hassana hugged her and blink back her tears. She has to be strong for her daughter. This isn't the time to cry.

"I know you will punish them. They will face the law. I want justice for my friend. I want justice for Farida."

"We will get justice for her. They won't go scot-free insha Allah."

........
He let out a harsh breath and hissed out loud, almost gaining the attention of others in the coffee shop. He took a sip from the coffee he ordered earlier and hissed again. His gaze flickered to the clock, he shake his head and sighed. Just then, the door opened revealing the person he has been waiting for.

The man walk to his table and smiled. "I am sorry for wasting your time. You know how things work." The man sat down on a chair opposite him and ordered for coffee.

"I will give you whatever you want if you get her married to my son." The man said, breaking the silence.

"I promise you I will get her married to your son."

"Don't go back on your words, Omar. You know I dislike people that don't fulfill their promise." Mukhtar narrowed his eyes at his cousin. He won't hesitate to harm Omar if he acts smart with him.

"I won't" Omar said, staring at him. He doesn't understand why Mukhtar wants Ruqayya to get married to his son. He sounds desperate.

"You know she was betrothed to him right from birth. I don't need to tell you what will happen to you and your daughter if she doesn't get married to my Sameer." Mukhtar said to which Omar mentally rolled his eyes. Getting Ruqayya married to Sameer is one of the most simplest thing to him. She will end up getting married to him sooner or later so why is Mukhtar bothering him? He is curious to know why Mukhtar is so desperate, but he doesn't care. He can finally be free from Ruqayya. That girl has been a pain in the neck. "I have to go home."

"Home" Mukhtar chuckled, staring at his cousin.

"Yes, home"

"You are going to Anita's house?" He sneered and narrowed his eyes at him. "That is the only place you call home."

"Stop!" Omar clenched his fist on the table, glaring at his cousin.

Mukhtar smiled knowing he got what he wanted. To see a furious Omar.

"My regards to my ex wife, Omar. Tell her I miss her."
...........
"You should stop coming here all the time. We made an agreement that you will spend two days with me and two days with her. You barely sleep there. I don't want her to think I am always keeping you here."

Omar gulped down a cup of water and sighed. "Did you go to church today?"

"Don't change the topic, Omar. I honestly don't like how you treat Hassana. I don't have to constantly remind you that I am not your only wife. She is also your wife. She deserves equal rights."

"I came here to see you. I didn't come here to talk about her."

"Don't you know I will be given a bad name. You act like I am your only wife. Your family doesn't like me and you are making things worse." Anita blink back her tears and sat on the couch. "We have been married for over thirty-five years and I still feel like a stranger around your family."

"I don't care about what they think, Anita. You are my wife and that is all that matters." He hugged her and wipe away her tears.

Anita weep quietly on her husband's shoulder. She is tired of how she is being treated like a stranger in her in law's house. The fact that she hasn't given birth since her marriage with Omar is an addition to why they hate her. They forced him to get married to Hassana few years after their marriage. She was not really sad about it because she deeply loves Omar and she will do anything for him. She loves Hassana dearly just like how she loves her sisters. However, Hassana has shown her nothing but hatred. The woman hates her for unknown reasons.

"How is Ruqayya?" Anita asked.

"She is fine. She will be getting married in three weeks time."

Anita pushed Omar slightly. Her eyes widen in fear. "Marriage?" She doesn't know why she is so scared of marriage. Maybe because her own marriage isn't perfect.

"Is there a problem with that?"

"Are you forcing her to get married?" Anita asked. She is not close with Ruqayya or any of her husband's children, but she can tell Ruqayya wouldn't want to get married this early. Omar didn't reply her. She shake her head, wondering the kind of mother Hassana is. Her daughter was raped and she agreed to forcefully get her married. Although she is sad she isn't close to her in laws, a part of her is happy she isn't close to them. She doesn't understand how those people think sometimes.

"You are making a mistake, Omar. Marriage is not what she needs now. Don't make this kind of mistake please."

"You won't tell me what is right for my daughter, Anita. She is my daughter and I know what is right for her. I have made my decision." Omar said to which she rolled her eyes. She isn't in the right place to tell him what to do with his daughter's life, but she can't just keep quiet and watch him destroy her life.

"What you are doing is wrong. You know I don't support people that are wrong. Do not make this...."

"How do you know I am doing the wrong thing?" He glared at her, making her shift back in fear. She has never seen Omar this angry. "Tell me Anita! You are barren so how do you know I am doing the wrong thing?"

Anita widen her eyes in shock. She couldn't believe her own ears. Omar just called her barren simply because she is trying to advice him on what is right and wrong. She glared at him and ran to her room.

"Anita!" Omar closed his eyes, knowing what he said was wrong. He has been angry since he came back from the coffee shop. "Anita!" He ran after her yelling her name. She ignored him and ran inside her room. She locked the door and sat on the floor, ignoring Omar who was knocking on the door.

Hello

I am sorry for the late update. I have been very busy😭

How are you and how is your family?

Mukhtar said Anita is his ex wife🤔🤔 what is going on? Any idea?

What do you think of Anita?

Love you❤️❤️