Part 17

"Why mani ? "  nandhini asked looking him.

" I'm sorry nannu so sorry pls forgive me nannu ".  Manik was continously repeating the line.

" mani pls stop saying sorry. I don't want to hear it. I just want to know  why you did like this. One minute you were scared ki I will hate you or break our friendship right . How can you even think like that mani. Do you really think your nannu can hate you or our relation. You know na I can't do that then also you....

It's ok leave it. Jo hona tha vo hua now come let's go and talk with our parents and we need to cancel the marriage. "  she was done with his sorry session so she interrupted and said whatever in her mind. Saying all she went outside the room followed by manik.

She was going to call her mom before that manik stopped her.

" nannu stop. Don't tell anything to anyone. Look at them they are so happy nannu and all the preparations are done for your engagement day. Now do you want to say all theses and snatch their smiles no right then don't.  Stop it and come with me "  He said showing her the smiling faces of their parents who are doing all the preparations happily running here and there with the workers.  He took her inside the room and both sat on bed beside each other.

" nannu you know na all parents restricts their child when they grown up little. They don't let a girl and boy too much close with each other due to various reason. We have examples too our friends jighya and Pranav  they also are childhood friends just like us but their parents didn't allow them to be with each other for long time when they grow up. It's glad ki they are still maintaining their friendship.

But in our case when we grew up we come close too each other more. In fact we have full freedom that we can enter mainly I can enter your room be it at evening 6pm or at midnight 2 pm. Why ?  Because our parents gave us this freedom and they trust us blindly that we will not do anything wrong or broke their trust.

Now you tell me how can we broke their trust their hearts by telling all these. I know I have feelings for you but you don't have na. It's good some way. Now just stop all these and forget this like it doesn't happened. 

Tomorrow is your day and you should look beautiful or else you will look like a chudail . So for avoiding that you need rest and a good night sleep. So just sleep.  "  He said all these while nandhini was cleanly listening him. In one way she knew he is right but something was bothering her which she couldn't voice out.

While manik made her lay down on bed and covered her properly. He patted her hair to make her sleep and slowly she drifted to sleep . Manik sat their for sometime staring her in silence may be it's the last chance for him to be with her that too these much close and he was utilising the moment fully.

Tucking her properly for last time and placing a soft longer kiss on her forhead he went outside his room closing the door looking her one last time.

May be that time that manik  didn't have done like that.  He must have told all the truth when he had the chance if he had know may be just may be it was his last chance to hold on to his precious. If he didn't do anything at that moment may be he can lose her his life his happiness for ever.  Alas that manik didn't knew any of these that time.

Next day the engagement day

Whole house is beautifully decorated and the people in the house from groom bride and their family to guests all were ready in beautiful dresses. While the bride and her bf  had lost the most precious jewellery their smile. But they put a fake smile and greeted all.

Soon it was time for ring exchange.  The bride and groom were called to the stage. Vinay forwarded his hand while nandhini made him wear the ring. It was the time to nandhini to give her hand but she was still at her place.  Her eyes were searching manik who was no where to seen. While the family members were calling her and saying her to stretch her hands which went into deaf ears .

Soon manik came into her vision. They both were looking straight to each other eyes.

" nannu what are you doing ?  Show your hands baby "  manik said in his mind looking her and pleading with his eyes.

" no... mani I can't do that ...."  she replied in her inner voice as if hearing him.

" pls nannu look all are waiting. Look our moms and dads they are worried pls baby  for me pls..."  his inner voice again said to which she noded slightly and stretched her hand outside looking him to which he sighed. 

In no time the engagement was done.

It was night and nandhini was in her room thinking something deeply.  Various emotions were passing through her eyes and mind. Her thoughts were broken by the ringing tune of her phone.  She looked to see vinay calling.

Sighing she picked up the call.

" vinay I'm so sorry I know you want to speak with me and it's natural but today I'm so tired and sleepy with the functions so can we talk tomorrow?"  Without giving him a chance she said. She was not in a mood to talk with anyone now. She knew it may sound ride but she was not in a state to talk to him. Hearing her vinay could only agree and she cut the call. 

She heard sounds coming from downstairs so she went outside to see what is happening there.

In downstairs manik and raj were arguing and raj seen angry. 

" seriously manik now that match is more important than your nannu's marriage ki you are going to Delhi for attending the match that too leaving that marriage . You know it's her marriage day and then also you want to go. You think I will agree to this "  raj said angrily.

" dad I know but what will I do ?  If both dates clashed with each other then I'm at fault right ?"  He too said frustrated

" manik look I'm not saying you are at fault. But it's just a match. Can't you even leave a small match for your nannu man "  raj asked

" match seriously dad I can even give my life for her but can't see my life going away from me and becoming someone's. I just can't see her marriage. I'm scared and you will not understand this "  He said in his mind.

" dad I was waiting for this match eagerly and when I got the chance I can't just throw that away. And I'm going morning I will try to come back till she board her flight to London after marriage."  He said

" fine I will agree only if nandhini is ok with it ?"  Raj finally said knowing there is no chance manik will change his mind. 

" I will.... "  Manik began only to cut off by nandhini who was listening all these.

" if he wants this then I'm ok raj papa. For me his happiness matters most. He can go to Delhi. "  she said without any emotion  looking manik who is already looking her.

She knew there is no match and he is lying.

By saying she ran from there to her room while manik looked her. Raj went from there shaking his head.

"  I'm sorry nannu. But it is for good for everyone. "  manik murmured staring the way she went.

Running away is not the solution. It can't solve any problem but running just make the things more worse and difficult. Only that manik knew that , that time..... then....