𝟣.𝟢𝟫

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

ᴡ ʜ ᴏ ʟ ᴇ ʜ ᴇ ᴀ ʀ ᴛ ᴇ ᴅ ʟ ʏ
●●●
𝕤𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕠𝕟 𝕠𝕟𝕖
𝟘𝟝. 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕋𝕖𝕝𝕝
𝕡𝕥.𝟚

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐃 behind the boy while he led her by her hand trough a path in the woods. Or, what he said was a path. To Dakota it looked like nothing, just dirt, leaves and twigs in the middle of a forest. But she just guessed that was the way it worked here.

"Why are you being so slow?" Scott laughed as he basically tugged at the girl's arm while whe just groaned, her back stiff as she held him back from walking too fast.

"I'm crippled," She spoke with a pout, lifting up her scratched ankle where the white bandages were visible from under her black pants.

"Oh, stop being such a baby," He rolled his eyes jokingly, slipping his hand from her grasp which made her let out a gasp and stop in her spot.

"How dare you," She spoke, placing a hand over her chest and letting a fake hurt expression take over her delicate features. "Now my hand's cold."

Scott just raised an eyebrow and continued walking, ignoring her and expecting her to follow until he gazed back over his shoulders only to notice she didn't move from her spot.

The boy turned on his heels and mirrored her stance and expression. His arms were crossed along his chest, only one foot pressed firmly on the ground, pouting like a child with his head tilted down.

A smile broke out of the two's faces and Dakota finally walked forwards with a limp in her step, yet that made Scott stare down at her ankle in worry.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He asked as he walked slowly beside the girl, matching her slower speed. "I mean, it looks pretty serious."

The girl threw her head back and groaned, "It's fine, Scotty. You've asked me that, like, a million times on the way here."

"I know, I know," He sighed, stuffing his hands in his jacket pockets and he couldn't help as the worried look stuck on his face. "It's just that I'm really worried about you after what happened."

"What? A little animal attack got you on edge?" The girl grinned as she took one step up to the higher ground with her good leg, but her foot slipped on the slippery moss that coated the rocks and she lost her balance.

A yelp escaped her lips as she fell backwards, the girl tightening her eyes shut as she flopped back. She then let in a huge breath when she felt arms wrap around her and her back come in contact with Scott's chest, her eyes shooting back open. A loud wince sounded and her back immediately flared up in pain.

Scott let her go, a panicked expression on his face as he fumbled for something something say while taking a few steps back, "I'm so sorry! I totally forgot about your back, are you okay?"

A grimace was still on the girl's face as she stood straight, trying to move her back to release the tension, which eventually worked after a few seconds.

"Yeah," Dakota breathed out, reaching behind her and tapping her back, which the pain was starting to dull down as she pulled her arm back to her side. "I'm fine. Lets just keep going."