✧ 24 | Heart racing

Fushiguro exhales to himself when he gingerly tucks Y/N's lose hair behind her ear. He silently watches her sleep on his bed. What was suppose to be her place ended up being his after Y/N's breakdown. She cried herself to exhaustion and fell asleep in his arms. Her words are heavy on his mind. 

Fushiguro only hopes to ease her of her worries from here on out. He observes every little detail on Y/N's face. Mentally he burns her image in his mind before leaving the bedroom. Fushiguro is careful to close the door silently. With a yawn, his heavy eyelids glance over to his living room. 

He strolls over to the loveseat and lays down. Despite feeling exhausted, his mind runs wild. Fushiguro goes over the events of today. This single day alone feels like the longest this week. He raises his hand up towards the ceiling to look at. 

Anger fumed him and in an instant he had killed the cursed spirit without asking her any questions. Fushiguro grits his teeth when he remembers how easily he fell for her enchantment. He slowly balls up his hand into a fist. With furrowed brows, Fushiguro rubs at his lips roughly. He then recalls Y/N's gentle fingertips against his lips. A skip to his heart causes him to grow shy. 

Fushiguro forces his eyes shut, the tip of his ears heating up. He feels silly for reacting like this. It's unlike him to be so flustered over something so small. It's suffocating to be riled up by Y/N and for her to not feel the same way about him. Grabbing onto one of the pillow cushions on the sofa, Fushiguro groans into it. 

He slowly pulls the pillow down and hugs it. Fluttering his eyes open, he stares into the darkness of his apartment. "Please don't let this be one-sided Y/N." Fushiguro whispers with a frown on his face. He returns to hiding his face into the pillow he holds tightly. 

✧ ˚  ·    .

You jolt awake from the nightmare you were in. Your vision is still a blur when you try to adjust them in the soft blue lit room. A room you're unfamiliar of. Your heart shakes up when you scan your surroundings. What happened last night? 

You reach to rub your eyes only to groan when you feel how swollen they are. A faint familiar scent wafts in your nostrils. You only calm your heart when you realize the room you're in is Fushiguro's. Closing your eyes, you pinch your nose bridge with a groan. You passed out on Fushiguro after crying, didn't you? 

Lifting one corner of the blanket off of you, you sit up on the side of his bed. Based on the lighting of the room it's just turning dawn. How are you to face Fushiguro now? You broke down in front of him and troubled him. You ruffle your hair in frustration. 

The first thing you can do is apologize and thank him. You stand on your feet and begin to make your way out of the bedroom but you stop short when you notice a photo frame that sits on his dresser. You're snapped fully awake when you swiftly walk over to get a better look at the photo. Gingerly, you hold onto the frame while your thumb grazes against the glass. The photo that reflects back is one of you and Fushiguro in elementary school.

A smile slips onto your face when you stare at Fushiguro's nonchalant face while you're holding onto his hand tightly with a wide grin. The two of you are sporting an adorable school uniform. The bright yellow bucket hats adorn your heads while you both wore navy blue colored uniforms. You had forgotten what Fushiguro looked like at this age. Even then he wouldn't smile.

"Looks like some things never change." You whisper to yourself while setting the photo back on his dresser. You turn around to head out of his bedroom. As curious as you are, you wouldn't feel right snooping around Fushiguro's apartment without his knowing. You scan the tiny hallway before entering the open floor space.