1//

The faint remains of spring's warm kiss lay lazily upon the disorderly, mossy ponds and green grass surrounding me. The quiet band of terrain encapsulated me, alienating my youthfulness from the fast-pace aging world; although time was all around me, within the growth of the welcoming greenery. Uneasy. I felt unstable, and in each latter step and gentle falter sacrificed my nonchalant expression whilst hiking through low-levelled mounds of seasonal debris.

Her. I must finally lift my tongue and express myself to her. I stole words of encouragement from the bird bystanders. I grasped the confidence taunting me amongst the tall-stemmed flowers whilst refreshing myself with a sly inhale of the earthy pond water. I reached high into the sky, above the clouds but remaining between the stars. I'm a traveler, a seeker of new destinations but the church like choir of words humming in a low melody throughout my brain are more adventurous than my carefully choreographed actions.

Her. I'm getting distracted. But I laugh with the scurrying squirrels and discriminated rodents. Can I ever truly be distracted from such a beauty? A pure soul plucked from the soil and presented neatly like a newborn. Free from the eyes of judgement for five minutes. I will arrive in three. Two whole minutes to cherish her. Cherish her before I stain the soft purity with the raw humanity that pulses around my being.

A soft head of hair turns slightly. Revealing a jaw, sculpted by angels and groomed by the tame animals. Look at her. She's the reason why oxygen runs through my veins. Why it circulates through my limbs and mind; vital organs too. She is my blood, my emotion and my heart. Why must the world operate on me. I'm not sick. With her I am well. Allow happiness to prosper and grow just this once, not like a weed but strong like the oak tree inside this garden that houses the honourable dead.