Chp 1: The Meeting

A/N so this is book 2 of a trilogy I'm making with my cousin and bff, I don't know how the other two are going along but here's a sneak peek of what I have, I hope you like it!
P.S. the pic above is her locket

Waking up early on a Saturday morning is definitely not what I wanted to do on my last few days of winter break, but when the aunt that adopted you asks you to get some stuff from the store you can't really tell her "no". So, when my aunt did that, of course I told her I would.

"I'll make you a list while you eat breakfast." My aunt said as I stretched and stood.
"Alright, thank you aunt Louise." I replied, shutting the door behind her as she left and changing into my usual t-shirt and jeans.

I walked down the hallway, instantly smelling the bacon and eggs uncle Ron was making.

"There she is! How's your morning Mira?" He asked with a grin.
"Fine." I replied, sitting at the table as he put a plate down.
"You going out for Louise?" He asked, setting his plate next to mine.
"Yep. Picking up some groceries and getting myself a new saddle for Blackfire." I answered, shoving my food in my mouth. He nodded and ate his food while I got my shoes on and waited for aunt Louise.

"Sorry for taking so long Mira, I had to find my pen." Louise apologized when she finally came out.
"It's alright auntie, I realized I forgot to put my locket on anyway." I hated lying to my aunt but I didn't want her to feel bad.

The locket was sent by my father with a picture of him, my mother and me as a baby. I never took it off. Louise handed me the list of things she needed before handing me a few hundred dollars.

"Be careful Mira, I know you have Blackfire to protect you, but I also know what happens when you get angry or afraid." Auntie warned, patting Blackfire's neck.
I nodded and swung into the worn saddle; smiling to myself at the ridiculous feeling that I'm a kid again, riding Blackfire for the first time.

"I'll be back in a few hours." I said, gently kicking Black's sides to get him moving and waving to my aunt and uncle as we trotted down the dirt road to town.

The ride there was probably the best part of the whole trip. I put the groceries in the saddle bags; making sure the ice packs were with the cold food.
Tying Black to a hitch tail, I walked into the only rack store to buy my new saddle.
"Thank you sir." I said politely but shyly as an older man opened the door for me.
"Of course young lady," he said with a bow. "That is a beautiful locket. Where'd you get it?"
I stayed quiet, walking towards the saddles in the back, feeling awkward as the man followed me.

"It's not polite to ignore someone." The man said quietly. I sighed and examined a black saddle as he continued to watch me.
"It was a gift from my father he gave me on my third birthday." I finally answered, lifting a brown saddle to test its weight. The man said nothing as he grinned and pulled out a small notepad; writing something down.

I carried my chose saddle -the brown one- to the front desk to purchase it; also hoping the man would leave since he hadn't grabbed anything to buy.
"Let me, it would be my pleasure." The man said, suddenly next to me and handing the cashier a hundred dollars to pay for the saddle.

I stood there, more ready to leave as the cashier put the saddle behind the counter for aunt Louise to pick up with her truck. As soon as the saddle was safe behind it, I rushed outside and started untying Blackfire from the hitch rail.