Chapter 40- Anne

A/N/ dude this fanfiction is getting so long omg

     Anne walked around the kingdom with Sasha by her side. She hated how fast her heart was beating beside her. It was so dumb.

     "Sprig?" Anne calls out. "HopPop? Polly?"

     "Anne's frog family?" Sasha calls out, unhelpfully.

     Anne sighs. "This is hopeless.. I shouldn't have left them in the first place.. I just.. I really felt like kicking some blue ass.."

     "I know what you mean.. I really miss Grime," Sasha says, sadly. "He's like my dad."

     Anne nods. "I'm so worried about all this... I left my parents behind to come to Amphibia. They warned me.. now we're stuck here. And I really don't feel like doing those temples again.."

     "Hey, that's a problem for later. Do it like me, forget about my problems until they matter, right?" Sasha says, laughing nervously. That is not healthy thinking, Anne thinks.

"I guess you're right," Anne sighs.

Awkward silence of walking. As the two walked through Newtopia, Anne suddenly heard a voice. "Anne..?"

Anne turned around fast to see Sprig standing there, HopPop and Polly by his side. "Sprig!" Anne screams, as the two ran up to each other. Sprig jumped into Anne's arms as she hugged him tightly, before pulling Polly and HopPop in too. "Oh my frog you guys!"

"Anne, where were you?!" HopPop shouts. "You said we would meet in an hour. We thought something had happened to you!"

     "I know I know," Anne says, pulling away. She was trying not to cry. "I had to go kick Andrias's ass. I'm back now though, so you don't have to worry!"

"But what happened?" Sprig asks.

"Well.. I did have to run off to the palace.. I found Sasha there.. and even Marcy! She's alive! Well, kind of, I mean she is alive but like it's complicated because she can't remember anything but then I went out to find you guys," Anne rants nonstop. The Planters looked very confused.

Anne looked back at Sasha. "Come here," she says quietly, but loud enough for her to hear.

Sasha walked slowly over to them, very awkwardly. "Hey.." Sasha says quietly, playing with her cape.

"Hey?" Sprig says, skeptically. Anne nervously turned back to them. They all looked very skeptical. Rightfully so. They didn't know Sasha's good sides, just her bad.

"I.." Sasha hesitates. She slowly leaned down to meet their eye level. "I can't tell you guys how sorry I am. I will be honest, I don't know you guys that well.. but I know how much you mean to Anne. And it was selfish of me for everything I did. I don't expect forgiveness.. I just couldn't live without saying this myself." Sasha looked away sadly.

"Well... I'm still not sure about you yet," HopPop says. "But I'm willing to work with you.. and it seems Anne trusts you too."

"Yeah," Sprig says, hopping onto Anne's head. Six months ago she would've hated that, but now she's gotten used to it.

"I don't really care that much," Polly admits.

Sasha nods. "Thank you," she says, before looking into Anne's eyes. Anne still wasn't getting used to Sasha's one eye, but in a way it looked cool. She felt her face turning pink before she reached over and took Sasha's hand.

"Let's head back to the house," Anne decides. "Now.." she took a deep breath. "We just have one more problem to solve.."

As the gang walked towards the direction of the house, Sasha tightened her grip on Anne's hand. "Anne.. are you sure we can help her?" Sasha asks.

"Yes, I'm sure of it," Anne replied, quickly.

Sasha nodded, but she looked uncertain. If Anne was being honest, she wasn't sure. She felt like the used up all her luck already. She felt like she lost her best friend and potential lover. She felt so.. empty. But she knew everything had to be okay, right? Right?

As they reached the house, Anne pulled the doorknob, pushing the door open. "You guys can just sit in here," Anne explains to The Planters. "I need some alone time with the girls. This time I promise not to run off, okay?"

"Ahh.. okay," HopPop says. "Come along, we'll be upstairs." Sprig gave Anne a good luck look before hopping off and joining the family upstairs.

Anne turned her head to see Marcy, who just sat on the couch quietly. She stared at them blankly. Anne and Sasha looked at each other before looking back at her, stepping forward. "Hey Marce," Anne says, sitting down beside her. "Feeling any better yet?"

"I feel.. not any different. I don't remember anything.. and I can hardly walk. It feels like I haven't used my body in weeks."

"Something like that," Anne says, looking away.

Sasha held Anne's hand reassuringly. She pulled out her phone and turned it on. She swiped around before showing Marcy the phone. "Remember this? This was around the first time we met. We were at the playground," Sasha explains.

Marcy shook her head. "I'm sorry but no."

Anne wasn't about to give up. She pulled her phone out too, swiping through until she got to a photo of her, Sasha, and Marcy at their first school play. It was a medieval theme. Sure it didn't turn out the best because Marcy ended up falling off the stage and onto the audience during the fight scene but it was still quite the unforgettable night. "How about this?" Anne asks.

"Um.. I'm sorry I don't know what that is."

     Anne sighed, reaching forward and touching Marcy's hand in an attempt to comfort her and herself, but suddenly she felt a huge flash of light, as if someone got a flashlight and shined it in her face. What now, calamity powers?

     Anne gasped as she looked around. There were buildings and homes, they were on the sidewalk. No.. they were in Anne and Marcy's neighborhood. In Earth?

     "What-?" Marcy mutters. She was on the floor because she had been sitting down originally. Anne pulled her up, letting her arm wrap around Anne's shoulder to support her.

     "We're in Earth?" Sasha asks, looking around in astonishment.

     Anne shook her head. "No.. this has happened to me before. I can see the past of people. And I must've accidentally sent you two here too because we were in contact."

     "But who's past are we looking at?" Sasha asks, skeptically.

     Suddenly, Anne heard some laughter as she turned around. She saw a little kid running around the neighborhood. Black hair tied up into a small ponytail, cute green skirt and white t-shirt.

     "Marcy?!" Anne and Sasha shout.

     Fantastic. They were in Marcy's past.