Pʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

TW // DEATH, GORE, MENTIONS OF SUICIDE, DRUGS + EXTREMELY SENSITIVE TOPICS OVERALL !!
(do not take this lightly!!!!)

TW // DEATH, GORE, MENTIONS OF SUICIDE, DRUGS + EXTREMELY SENSITIVE TOPICS OVERALL !!(do not take this lightly!!!!)

⋆·˚ ༘ *

holy fuck.
holy actual fuck.
they were free, finally. fourteen years of suffering, months of bottled up emotions, and it all happened on the perfect day.
they couldn't have wanted to go any other way.

they woke up, staring at the ceiling, they sat there for a little knowing what was next.
Getting up was a struggle, they winced and grunted like an old lady with arthritis every time a new day was introduced to them. Their back and legs bones cracked and they paused in fear as the sound was displeasing, then checking their skeleton wasn't about to fold on them.

y/n l/n, twenty-seven years old, h/c messed up hair.
they looked like they were in desperate need of a coffee and (based off their looks) a reset button. exactly 4 months from this day, they would have their twenty-eighth birthday. yes, it's odd number to make it sound like such a big deal, it's not twenty-one or eighteen or any other milestone number.
but it was most certainly special to them.

slipping on a jacket, they walked through the door subconsciously. pausing again, they turned around and looked at the dark oak door.

'well i'll be damned.'

going on about their day (which was quite basic) was probably one of the easiest parts of their life. go for light walk, get some coffee, walk around town, and go back home.
seems simple and basic enough, right?

the first part of their routine was already complete, what was next was to find a coffee shop, their favorite to be exact.
they waltzed in, and smiled lightly at the scenery. the brown walls matching the linen floors, white oak tables full of cappuccinos and lattes with people smiling happily.

gross.
how could they smile like that knowing any day could be their last?
how could they form such an expression with their mouth just to prove how they're feeling?

they approached the counter, and a bright brunette smiled at them.

"what can i get for ya today?" she bounced.

how sickening.

"coffee with vanilla syrup please."

"anything else?"

"no thank you."

the teenage looking girl's smile started to dim as she slowly nodded and walked away to prepare their order.
the longer they stood there, the more tired they got. their day wasn't even halfway over yet, and they were ready to go back and lay in their bed while waiting for the medication to kick in.