Out of the frying pan, into the fire

Jack needed to stop fooling himself that he was safe. He had only survived for a while. He had only hurt and angered him meaning he would come back even angrier than before. It was like the many-headed hydra, once you chop one of its heads off two grow back in its place.

"I said to come with me immediately," demanded the cleaning lady.

Josh gave Jack a look showing how infuriated he was and Jack just smirked back. He had had enough, he no longer cared about the consequences. Jack had bigger fish to fry than some school bullying. He was head to head with one of the cleverest criminal masterminds in the entire world.

"If only he would take Josh and his friends away instead of me," Jack muttered.

What happened in the principal's office was less expected than he had thought. You see, Jack had known that they would get into a lot of trouble, possibly a double-detention but he had never thought that they would suspend Josh. Sadly, they only suspended him and not the other 2 because they were only 'witnesses' he said.

Suspension was a very serious thing. Being temporarily excluded from school would permanently be on your record and could affect you greatly when you go to college. That did not go down well with Josh, oh no. By the time he was back at school, in 1 and a half weeks, Jack hopefully would have cracked the case or have been a victim of it.

Jack spent the rest of P.E in the headmaster's office with Josh so I guess he didn't have to go outside after all even though he doubted he would be bullied after what had happened. He tried not to show it but he was intensely relieved and was happy that he had avoided the injury by the skin of his teeth. 

Time flew by in the day until something terrible happened that afternoon. By this time Josh had already been sent home. The teacher came in and told Jack that they had spoken to his parents about it. It was the last thing he wanted to hear. Not that he thought his mum wouldn't care about it at all. Maybe she would. No, she wouldn't, Jack thought.