Chapter 1

Chapter 1: Book Collab

Elaina's Pov

Oh for goddamn sake I hate going to the office for a book Collab, I can do it on my own. I mean I've been an author for the rest of my life and this is the first time I'm having a book Collab and i already hate it.

"Miss Vaud, Mr. Buenaflor is here" I rolled my eyes and continue to walk in a meeting room. "Look who decided to show up!"

My manager said while looking at me "I showed up because you keep ringing my phone when I'm busy doing a chapter" I told him and sit. I realized that someone is sitting opposite me, maybe it's the guy I'm ABOUT to collaborate with.

"Nice to meet you Ms. Elaina Vaud, I'm Nathan Buenaflor" he smiled at me and reaches his hand to shake mine, I just stare at his hand. He sense that I'm not a person who just shake hands with someone so he pulls back his hand and smile awkwardly.

"So the reason why we want a book Collab is that we'll both fandom wants you to have a book together" the President of the company said "what if i don't want to?" I asked him straightforward.

"Miss Vaud, can i finish first?" He smiles at me, I rolled my eyes and listens. "We asked the fandom if they'll be a book Collab what book would it be?" He push a button and reveal the monitor infront of us.

"The readers wants you both to have Fantasy genre, since both of you haven't tried it. The readers told us too that it should be both of you" President said while smiling at us.

"Just because we haven't tried the genre fantasy we should do it? I mean we can make a book alone, not a book collab" I'm really against with this idea.

"Ms. Vaud you should try it, it's not a bad idea to have a book collab with Mr. Buenaflor. Both of you are best female and male writers at this era, they learn things from you guys so why don't you try it?" I rolled my eyes to Mr. Heizen's nonsense shits.

"I won't do it, respect what I want and I'll respect yours" tumayo ako at umalis ng meeting room, my manager Vincent chased after me

"Ms. Vaud please, the readers have been waiting for this moment" sabi nya "what do you mean waiting? How long it is?" I asked him "well, u-uhm 3 years ago" he looks around, I know this man is lying.

"I still won't" I continue to walk, "Ms. I know you hate people especially guys with no manners but Mr. Buenaflor isn't like that, he has 2 sisters he takes care of. If this won't change your mind I don't know what your readers might think out of it" I rolled my eyes.

"Give me another reason to Collab with" I enter his office and sat on the couch, he happily sat on his chair and began to talk.

"Well Ms. Vaud, he's the type of guy who can't hurt girls especially he has 2 sisters that he protects. He's not flirty and not self obsessed, he's nice, charming, family oriented and understands people around him" he describes him as if he knows him very well.

"Where did you get this facts from?" I asked him "sa kapatid nya HAHAHAHAHA" i got confused "what do you mean sa kapatid nya? You friends with her?" Umiling lang to' sakin, "Girlfriend ko ate nya that's why I know him" nakangiti nyang sabi sakin "fine I'll think of it, this Saturday will be my answer".

He smiled and agreed to it, i walked out from his office and gets in the elevator. Sa kasamaang palad nakasama ko pa nga sa elevator ang taong makaka book Collab ko kuno, pinindot ko lang ang parking na floor at tumayo malapit sa pinto ng elevator.

"Uhm I know you hate the idea it's fine if you backout" he said while looking at me in the reflection of the door.

I just got my earpod and starts listening to music, he got out from the elevator and said "goodluck on your 12th book" I looked at him in confusion because I never told anyone about me releasing my 12th book this week. I chased him

"what do you mean by that? I never told anyone about it" i told him "uhm i can see what your writing" i saw my phone and yeah sometimes I'm really dumb. "Oh yeah sorry" i went back to the elevator. That was awkward as fuck.

I went to my car and drove home. I can't forget how dumb I was earlier but he's smile while I get on the elevator was giving me electric shock, I mean how do I describe it? Something when you get to pee I think.

I got back home and write the story I was working on, My mind can't stop thinking the smile he gave me earlier. One great smile that can make any girls fall for him, I keep erasing that thing on me and continue to write.

I'm working on my 12th book since i got no work to do or chores, i keep asking myself if i should release it early or not. I remembered the collaboration that they want me to do, was it a good idea to do? Should I do?

Is it worth of my time? Is It a thing that will change my fate when i collaborate with someone? I don't actually know what to do, i don't like contact in the outside world and it feels like I'm not free anymore.

I keep overthinking about it and decided to go outside to widen up my mind, I don't know why I'm stressing myself out of this because I genuinely know it's taking my time so much.

I waved my cat goodbye and walk on the street, i wandered around while thinking of it. I got into a book store and i saw one of my stories being there "Promises That Can't Keep" i remember writing this when i chose to write rather than do my actual work.

Ngumiti ako at tinignan ko ang ibang books na nakahilera "Things I Wanna Promise by Nathan Buenaflor" i looked at it and my eyes wides open when i saw his name.

"It's about a book who learned how to accept things even it's draining the protagonist" I looked behind me and saw a tall guy standing straight infront of me and smiled "you scared the fuck out of me" he just laughed at me. "I'm sorry to scared you" at bigla syang umalis sa harap ko para makadaan ako.

"If you're interested in that story you can buy it though" umiling lang ako at bumalik sa paghahanap ng kung ano anong pwedeng makita dito. Something to inspire me and give me answer to the question, i just got out because there's nothing that can make me think.

"I know a place to think" he drags me in his car and drove "i don't know why are you like this, you can't just dragged people without a permission" I rolled my eyes. "kahit naman magpaalam ako sayo di ka naman papayag, hinila na lang kita" tumawa sya habang nag dridrive.

Wala na akong nagawa dahil ni-lock nya na rin ang pinto, tahimik lang kami sa byahe hanggang sa makarating kami.

Lumabas ako ng kotse at nagulat sa nakita ko, "City Lights in a Hill" sabi ni Nathan. Tumango lang ako at umupo, pinakiramdaman ko ang malamig na hangin at pinagmasdan ang magandang tanawin sa aking harapan.

Tumabi lang sakin si Nathan at di sya umiimik, di ko alam bakit sobrang relaxing netong nararamdaman ko pero kanina nung wala sya hindi naman ganito naramdaman ko. Ewan ko ba ang gulo gulo ko.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Yo new book, new characters and what's new too? What will happened? Let's find out! (◕ᴗ◕✿)