2️⃣

Time jump six weeks...

Stephen looks at his reflection in the enchanted mirror.

He can see it. Nestled below his navel. That little ball of magic.

It shouldn't exist.

It shouldn't be growing inside him.

But it is. By some twisted act of nature, it's there.

An unholy abomination growing inside Stephen's ‘womb’ or whatever the hell it is that's nurturing the little monster.

Stephen stares at the twisting lump of glowing yellow light, horrified.

What would Strange think of this? Of this little...parasite? That's the only word fitting for it.

Parasite.

Stephen panics, opening a portal to the library. Wong immediately jumps to his feet, startled by Stephen's sudden arrival.

"What is it, Stephen?" Wong asks.

"I have to get rid of it." Stephen mumbles, sloppily looking through the books.

"Get rid of what?" Wong says, dumfounded.

"This! This fetus! This fucking parasitic leech growing inside me!" Stephen snaps, gesturing to his abdomen. "Oh, God. If he finds out, he'll kill me just to keep it from being born."

"Are you sure you want an abortion spell?" Wong says after a long silence.

"Is there any other options?" Stephen says offhandedly, mind racing too fast to process anything.

He jumped when Wong placed a hand on his abdomen. He felt the magic pulse within him.

He expected pain. He expected blood. Something.

But it became clear Wong wasn't trying to do away with it. He was just trying to see it.

"What are you doing?" Stephen asks, confused.

"Determining if the ‘parasitic leech’ is healthy enough for you to continue the pregnancy, Strange." Wong says bluntly.
"It appears perfectly healthy. Or should I say, she."

"She? You could tell? How--"

"Magic is a mysterious thing, Strange. And I spend most of my time in a library." Wong says. "You are 3½ months along. The book you seek is on aisle IX, but only cast that spell if you are absolutely certain, Stephen. You do not want any further regrets."

Stephen nodded numbly, heading to aisle IX. He reached for the book...

But he couldn't bring himself to pick it up.
Not when he felt her moving around within him. Not when he realized she could be so good, so them.

He simply portals back home and collapses in his bed. He cups a hand over his slightly swollen abdomen.

Strange won't be back again till Friday. And it's Wednesday today.

God, Stephen hopes Strange accepts it.

Accepts her.