Chapter 1: Our first encounter

August 28, 2021

My best friend Lyss and I decided to throw a party for our friend Tweed and spent the whole day picking out decorations, getting the cake and making sure she didn't know what was going on.

This was her very first birthday party ever, so we wanted to make it a special time for her to enjoy. We invited a lot of our mutual friends, as well as some of hers and we even invited Lyss's boyfriend Joe and a group of his friends. I had never met any of them, but I did hear a lot about what they were like.

We got back to my house and set up all of the decorations for this surprise party. We had a big banner for pictures, we bought snacks, we had... alcohol.. of course (yes we are all totally of age). We even had some cute LED party lights that synced to music for when it got dark out.

I tried really hard to make sure everything was perfect even though I was low key depressed on the inside.

Me and my boyfriend of almost two years, Tru, had been fighting non-stop because I had found out that he had a secret instagram and snapchat without me knowing.

He swore up and down that he didn't do it to hurt me, but i didn't believe him. Yet I also had no prove, so I was felt kinda stuck.

The biggest reasoning for my emotions on this new information was because we had agreed to get rid of every single social media app together before he left for the Air force back in April (2021). I deleted everything and I thought he did too. It was also reveled by multiple people that he could have potentially cheated on me with one of my team mates from school back in November 2020.

I had a lot of emotions about him, so the only remedy that I knew was to get plastered drunk in front of a bunch of strangers.. at my own house. That's basically what I did.

Before anyone even showed up, I took two shots of American Honey with water as a chaser. It hit quick, but thats what I wanted. I spent so much time pre gaming that I didn't get to put any makeup on or even nicer clothes.

—————————

A few people arrive before Tweed including a friend of hers that I had never met before. His name was Brandon and he didn't know anyone except for Tweed. 

We sat there for awhile and then it gets to the time where Tweed and her boyfriend are about to walk in, so we all wait for her downstairs ready to surprise her.

As I am recording her reaction, my boyfriend calls to tell me that he'll be late. Whatever.

She arrives and isn't that surprised because we aren't the best at keeping secrets. She opens her gifts and we take a bunch of pictures in front of the wall. We then play a couple games of beer pong and I partner up with her friend who had shown up earlier, who had never played. He was pretty good though.

My boyfriend arrives during this and is obviously jealous, even though I had done nothing wrong. I brush it off because it didn't matter to me, he lied and he had no reason to be upset with me for making friends.

I try my best to avoid hun by downing more alcohol, even though he tried to limit me. We take pictures and then also take group pictures with Lyss and Joe. They were cute, but you could tell I was only happy because Lyss was in the pictures with us.

———————

Joes friends arrive a couple hours later, it's still not dark outside, so me and Lyss decide to get into our swimming suits early just because.
Tru joins us, but I avoid him again and just chug my drinks one after the other.

As I am sitting in the pool spinning around I turn to look at where Joe and his friends were smoking outside. They had only invited three of his friends, Josh, Adam and Noah. Josh seemed cool but right off the bat he gave me fuck boy vibes. Adam looked nice, but he was quiet.
Noah was incredibly attractive, but he had brought his girlfriend along, so I wasn't trying to stare at him too much, afraid she or my own boyfriend might see or say something.

"Hey Lil, come meet the guys!" Lyss says as she drags me out of the pool. I was already drunk so my confidence overtook me and I obliged.

"This is Josh and Adam," she said and I gave a quick nod and hello to them. Just as I turn to go back into the pool, Noah and his girlfriend come over towards us looking like they had just argued. I didn't know what to say besides, "You're really pretty," to his girlfriend, not really meaning it but I was too drunk to care about what she actually looked like. I also just didn't want to be rude and greet Noah first.

A few hours that I don't remember go by and it's now dark outside and everyone is in the basement either dancing or staring from the corner, which is what Noah and his girlfriend were doing. She seems really rude and distant, but I just avoided the two of them for the rest of the night.

Lyss and I take some very scandal pictures with the help of her friend Gav, who I had also just met. Gav is really good and we've gotten pretty close for the most part, he hyped us up a lot too.

"These look so good guys, the lights make the pictures," he says through slurred words. We were all very drunk.

Tru was staring through the window from the outside where everyone else was night swimming. He was jealous once again and tells me, "I'm done for the night, I think I'm going to head to bed."

I wasn't really in the mood to argue, "Okay, Ill be in after everyone leaves." I'm pretty sure it was maybe 11pm at this point.

I went upstairs to make some pizzas for everyone because we didn't really get any "real food" other than chips and cookies.

"What are you doing hun?" My mom asked as I slowly came up the stairs. She had just woken up.

"I'm grabbing the pizza I made for everyone" I answer. As I reach into the oven, I burn the shit out of my arm on the inside.

"You've got to be fucking kidding," I groan, but I was still too drunk to really care or be aware of the burn.

As I bring the pizzas downstairs, everyone starts getting excited because there is finally actual food for them to eat.

Drunken people left and right are thanking me, even Noah said a couple words to me, but I just said, "You're welcome," and left it at that because of the way his girlfriend was looking at me.

——————————

The night starts to die down more and everyone who was night swimming comes back in to change so that they can leave.

Tweed and her boyfriend wanted to stay because they were both too drunk to drive, but he got too drunk and puked all over the floor of my bathroom. She obviously felt bad for me, but I didn't mind it. I'm used to helping after drunk people.

I really can't remember much of anything else from that night, other than me and Tru arguing and going to bed after everyone left.

———————————

We wake up the next morning and find Tweed and her boyfriend are still fast asleep on both the extra mattresses that we have for these kinds of situations.

I go upstairs to make some coffee and chat with my mom before everyone else wakes up.

"How was last night?" She asks.
"It was fine, me and tru just fought the whole night, but i kinda ignored him." I said.
She didn't look surprised, "You guys have been fighting a lot recently and you don't seem happy."
She's right, i'm not.
"We'll be okay, this is just a bump." I reply.

It in fact, was not just a bump.