Episode 35: Move-In Day

LET'S CATCH YOU UP TO SPEED...

"I'm Sonic, Sonic the Hedgehog, a student on my path toward becoming a pro hero! A few weeks ago, my friends and I took down Eggman and my metal doppelganger. Things were lookin' pretty rough but thanks to my new quirk, I was able to blow right through those metalheads. Now, I'm just chillin' til we get back to school..."

About 2 weeks or so had gone by since the incident with the League of Villains and Dr. Eggman. In that time, the students of UA finally managed to get some rest after all their hard work in training and the attack on the camp. All Might had since lost the ability to use One for All after his battle and retired, becoming a teacher full time. UA had been a hot topic of discussion in the news, taking heat from the press about the attacks, but this was of no concern for our spiky blue hero. Right now, he was relaxing on the roof outside his room, plugged into headphones, listening to one of his favorite songs.

Sonic: *humming* I see it. I see it. And now it's all within my reach...

Just then, Manic comes running out of the house, looking for his brother.

Manic: Yo Sonic!

Sonic: Hey man, what's going on?

Manic: Dad says to come downstairs! Your teacher's here!

Sonic: My teacher?

Sonic hops down and follows his brother to their living room, where he finds his parents sitting on the couch with a scrawny-looking All Might sitting in a chair across from them with one arm in a cast and the other holding a cup of coffee.

Sonic: Woah! All Might!

All Might: Ah, Sonic my boy. I'm glad you're here. It's good to see you again.

Sonic: Same to you but uh, what're you doing here? Not that I mind or anything.

All Might: Ah right. I was just discussing something with your parents and I wanted to discuss it with you as well. Have a seat, my boy.

Sonic nervously looks at his parents and then at All Might and back again.

Sonic: ...Am I in trouble again?

They all look at the Hedgehog and try to hold back their laughter.

Tom: N-No, Sonic. You're not in trouble.

Sonic: Oh. Well then, what's up?

All Might: It's about the current situation with UA. As you may already know, I used up the last of my power in that last battle and have since retired. I'm going to be teaching at UA full-time from now on. But since the incident, there have obviously been some concerns about the students' safety, and for good reason. That's why... we've decided to reinstitute dorms at UA. And I wanted both you and your parents' approval to move in next year.

Sonic: Wait dorms? Like... *gulps* boarding school?

All Might: W-Well, don't think about it that way. We just want to do everything we can to ensure you kids are safe and aren't getting into any trouble. You'd be living on campus with the other students in 1-A and normal classes would still be held. Of course, you'd still be allowed to come back home if ever you feel the need to, but most of your time would probably be spent at school. The decision is up to you.

Sonic: Oh, I get it... sleep-away school could be fun I guess but...

Sonic quickly thinks about his past adventures, how he's risked his neck countless times at this point.