thirteen

The motor carriage was really meant for only people, but it was going to have to work since there was no way to make the train on time. Sherlock helped Y/N onto it, guiding her to sit in the middle before getting John in next to her. John was drunk rambling as Y/N tried to keep him on the motor carriage. Sherlock quickly went around to the driver's side and got it going and they were off.

John was basically asleep as soon as Sherlock began driving them away. Y/N was struggling to stay awake the later it got and the more they traveled.

"Darling," Sherlock called softly, taking his eyes off the lonely dirt road. "Why don't you get some rest?"

"I don't want you to fall asleep," Y/N explained. "We need to get there."

Sherlock chuckled lightly. "Sleep is not something I require to function. You cannot say the same."

"Are you sure?"

"Lay your head on my shoulder and get some rest. I promise to get us there no later than we already will be."

Y/N let out a small sigh and nodded in agreement. Sherlock moved his head slightly over so that Y/N's head could have more room on his shoulder. She slowly let her shoulder rest on his shoulder and closed her eyes. Sherlock listened to Y/N's breath's slowly even out until he knew she was sound asleep. Her being asleep on his shoulder made his heart begin to beat a little faster. He even felt the urge to lean his head against her and fall asleep as well, from time to time along the way. But he knew that he needed to get them to the church. He needed to get John to his wedding despite how he felt about it all.

~~~

Y/N woke up when they weren't too far away from the church. John was still leaned up against her, asleep. Y/N looked around at the men and realized that they must have looked interesting. They were dirty from the fights. Y/N was still dressed in her outfit that made her look more masculine and she was sure that there was dried blood on her cheek. Sherlock had sunglasses on with a pipe in his mouth now. Y/N couldn't help but think of how handsome Sherlock looked, even when his face was all dirty and his hair and clothes a mess. Sherlock stopped the motor carriage and looked over at Y/N, who was still looking at him.

"Sleep well?" He asked.

"Yes," she answered. "Thank you."

Sherlock's eyes fell to John before he climbed out of the motor carriage and went around to the other side. Y/N nudged John, causing him to move slightly but not fully wake. Sherlock puffed at his pipe a few times before nudging John himself. There was still no major response. Sherlock turned slightly to see two bagpipe players standing in front of some bushes. He signaled for them to begin playing. John's face scrunched up before he opened his eyes and looked panicked and upset.

The bagpipes continued to play as Sherlock began to take off John's trench coat that was draped over the man. John turned towards Y/N as he fought against Sherlock taking the coat. It wasn't too hard for Sherlock to get it out of John's grip, throwing it to the side. John finally gave in and stepped off the motor carriage. Y/N followed suit and worked with Sherlock to try and get John looking more put together. One of this suit coat's sleeves ripped off and Sherlock just tossed it into the motor carriage.

Y/N and Sherlock gave each other a look, both knowing it wasn't going to get any better than this. Sherlock reached his hand out to John. John forced a tiny smile out and set one of his hands in Sherlock's. Sherlock guided John into the church, with Y/N close behind just in case the man lost his balance.

There were already many people seated in the church pews. They stared and whispered as Y/N and Sherlock escorted the groom to his spot at the end of the aisle. Once John was standing in his needed spot, Sherlock offered Y/N his elbow. She reached her hand under his arm to rest her hand on it. He lead her to the pew beside John. The two sat down and Sherlock's hand went to Y/N's before she could take hers off of his arm. She smiled lightly as she rested her head against his shoulder and was almost instantly asleep again. Sherlock smirked to himself before his head rested against hers. He was quickly asleep as well.