one

⍣ ❁ ⁂ ٭

⍣ ❁ ⁂ ٭

"Shit, this is a whole new level of creepy!" You addressed your friend a worried look, biting your nails. "The fact that it's gorgeous makes it creepier."

"Stop saying that!" you exclaimed, unable to avert your eyes from your friend, whose presence was extremely reassuring considering the human-like figure standing in the middle of your living room "I feel like he's watching me, every fucking second."

"He?" Momo's eyes sparkled with amusement "Baby, please don't treat a wax figure like a fucking human."

"Come on, look at him!"

"It."

"Momo!" you groaned out of annoyance "I wouldn't be surprised if he starts talking out of the blue. He looks too real to not be alive. I have a feeling—this thing is alive."

The black-haired woman let out a sigh, slumping down in the green velvet couch. The both of you had met back in primary school; stuck together since then. So, apart from family, Momo knew you the best. Which was exactly why she'd been the first person you thought of when your grandmother showed up on your doorstep this morning, bringing an uninvited guest along.

"Where will you put it?"

You shrugged, unsure. "I was thinking the pantry. I won't have to see it often."

"Except everytime you cook."

"Which I usually don't do..." you clapped back, showing a pride smile

Momo rolled her eyes. "Yeah, well it might be best thing to do."

You nodded, convinced that the less you'd see it, the less you'd think of it.

Lately, your grandmother kept showing up at your place to give you some of her dearest knickknacks. You weren't sure why she did that, but each time, she was particularly insistent, forcing you to keep them although you had no use for it.

This time, she came up with the weirdest gift: the wax figure of a gorgeous looking man dressed in an ancient peasant outfit.

At some point, Momo had to leave for work, meaning you'd be alone with him. Fortunately, your friend helped you place the figure in the pantry before she left, so you didn't have to risk it on your own. You made sure to shut the pantry's door on your way out, just in case.

⍣ ❁ ⁂ ٭

"Here, have some tea."

Supervisor Min placed a small cup of tea on the round table, right in front of you. Respectfully, you bowed as he took a seat.