The Kaiju Appear

The day was like any other day in Antarctica. A helicopter full of researchers from the MONARCH organization are here to investigate a large tooth in the ice. A lone researcher is sent to go find it until he trips on something. He staggers up and puts his hand on something that feels like bone which causes him to be freaked out. He wipes away some snow and sees a gigantic eye staring back at him the eye moves around until a blue glow from the ice comes into his view.

 The researcher runs but as he's running the figure in the ice rises up and lets out a terrifying roar. He runs and sees the creature crawl out of the ice until he falls into the icy caverns leaving him dead. The monster let's out another roar and crawls into the sea and the other researchers just watch in fear. In San Francisco a young teenager named Mei Kamino is sitting at the San Francisco International Airport with her laptop waiting for her plane to arrive. As she's sitting there she gets a notification that her personal AI has been downloaded called P3L0PS II who looks like a Shiba Inu. 

She starts asking it "How long until flight 114 arrives at San Francisco International Airport?" P3L0PS II says "Flight 114 is scheduled to arrive at 4:45 pm." Mei sighs in boredom and says to herself "Why does this feel so long." P3L0PS II just shrugs and then an EAS is played saying that a tsunami warning has been issued in several counties in the California area. 

Mei sighs in even more anger as her flight might be late because of this and goes up to an airport employee and asks when is this tsunami warning going to stop. The airport employee just looks at her and shrugs and Mei goes back to her seat and sits there trying to call her parents to come pick her up but as she's doing this another EAS is broadcasted about the tsunami being caused by a something organic in nature. Mei is confused by this because she never knew about a creature that could do something like that. Another hour passes by "My plane should've been here by now." Mei thinks to herself P3L0PS II asks what's wrong and Mei just says she's a bit stressed out about because of her plane being late. 

Another EAS is broadcasted saying the object heading towards California is specifically going to arrive in San Francisco and is a type of large creature. An employee tells everybody to get to a shelter until the creature leaves Mei grabs her bags and laptop and runs to the nearest shelter but the door closes before she could even get in so she just hides under a desk. Another EAS is broadcasted saying that a naval ship was destroyed by the creature along with several of the jets Mei began to feel sudden feeling of dread come over her. 

P3L0PS II is wondering what it could be so he does some digging and discovers a photo of the creature and tells Mei about it she picks up her head to see a grey creature with large dorsal plates that have red veins in them. It's now 9:30 pm Mei hears another EAS about how the creature is close and then it shuts off she feels nervous and hears the sound of a large creature roaring as it's shot by tanks and naval ships she even briefly sees the creature raise its head as it came onto land. 

Mei tries to call her parents but there's no service as the creature destroyed the phone lines and P3L0PS II starts malfunctioning as the internet lines were down another deafening roar is heard Mei looks up to see a dinosaurian creature stomping through the city she calls home. Suddenly an eerie blue glow comes from the plates of the monster and then a blue laser like flame shoots from the mouth of the creature causing a building to explode upon impact with the beam the creature then turns and shoots the beam again at the jets causing a mid air explosion after that the creature walks back into the sea and swims away for now.

The president of the united states is informed of the California attack he then says "Maybe we should destroy the creature with a nuclear bomb." the soul survivor of naval ship then says "Sir with all due respect the creature seems to feed on radiation so nuking it would just make it stronger." the president and several members of the government ponder what will be done to the creature. Someone then has the idea to bring in MONARCH that someone is BB or Bearach Byrne who was there the whole time and no one noticed him he then goes on to say "We at MONARCH have been struggling in our research department since the failure of our Skull Island investigation in 1973." the president then asks "And you are?". BB responds by saying "I'm Bearach Byrne leader of the MONARCH division of the UN we study anomalies and creatures we call Kaiju." the president is baffled that no one in his one year of being in office told him about MONARCH BB goes on to say "We aren't supposed to tell the president of our existence but due to circumstances we must be revealed to the public.". 

The government officials are just in shock of this. In California a MONARCH Osprey is sent to go pick up Mei Kamino from the wrecked city Mei with her bags and laptop walks over to the osprey and meets Satomi Kanahara, Yun Arikawa, Goro Otaki and Haberu Kato. Mei says to them "I'm Mei Kamino the new recruit." Yun looks at her and says " Aren't you a little young to join?" Mei looks at him confusingly and says "And you look like a college dropout down on his luck." Goro then laughs at what he just heard and says "Wow she got you good huh nephew."  Yun is in shock after hearing this and tells Mei to just get on the osprey. 

In Papua New Guinea a self proclaimed journalist named Takehiro Kai is investigating sightings of a pterosaur-like creature called the Ropen. Takehiro walks up a native and asks "What did the creature you and your family look like?" the native says "It looked like a pterodactyl." Takehiro was surprised by this and asks "What's the name of this creature exactly?" the native says "Ropen" and Takehiro heard it as Rodan. In Tokyo Mei is at the MONARCH facility where she's briefed on what MONARCH is up to an AI called Jung shows up and says "The monster that appeared in San Francisco today has been designated as Godzilla which we believe could be responsible for the myths told by the Babylonians and Japanese in ancient times." Mei baffled by the AIs intellect asks it "Do you know who I am if you're so smart." Jung responds with "Mei Kamino newly recruited MONARCH personnel ethnicity: Japanese American age: 14 AGAB: MALE gender identity: FEMALE.". 

Back on Papua New Guinea the Ropen is seen flying over head and lets out a screech scaring the natives causing them to run. The bright red pterosaur flies down and starts walking towards Takehiro who runs as the red pterosaur gets closer and closer until Rodan loses interest in the human and flies off somewhere else letting out a screech like roar. Far off the coast of South Korea a MONARCH submarine with a large window comes into contact with a massive serpent-like fish swimming by and it attacks the sub by constricting it crush the sub and giving the creature the ability to escape.