015. THE RESSURECTED

CHAPTER FIFTEEN: THE RESSURECTED

     "I KNOW THIS IS tech from the '80s, but can we sharpen the visuals?" Hayward grunted as he watches through the screen while Monica controls the drone from the S.W.O.R.D base.

     "Working on it."

     "L/N located," Monica stated.

     "Well done."

     "We can't see the drone on the broadcast," Agent Woo says while him and Darcy were watching Y/N and the kids behind her in the TV, standing in front of their house, "Y/N's framing it out of the shot." Darcy adds, "Just like all the jump cuts."

     "Y/N decides what makes it onto her show and what doesn't," She explained. "And here we go, you're up," Hayward tells Monica as the drone is in front of the magical woman.

     "Y/N, this is Captain Monica Rambeau. Can you hear me?" She spoke to the microphone. But on the other hand, Y/N and the kids only stared cautiously at the drone, there was no sound coming from the Captain.

     "I just want to talk. That's it."

     Y/N's eyes began to glow purple as she glared at the drone and Director Hayward sighs, "No joy," Then he looks at an employee and gave him a nod as a cue. Monica was beginning to panic, "Uh, wait, my controls aren't working. Reconnect patch."

     "Disregard. Take the shot," Director Hayward suddenly says. "What?" Monica turns to him in disbelief, "No. The drones isn't armed." Hayward ignores her and repeats, "Take the shot!"

     The screen glitches and went blank as Y/N proceed to glare at the drone inside the Hex and Monica stood abruptly to glare at the director, "What did you do?" As if on cue, the alarms began blaring, "There's a breach, sir!"

     All of them stood in their places and begin to rush outside. People were panicking and the hex was sparkling and making crackling noises. Monica pushes through the crowd while Hayward stood up front; the soldiers were already aiming their guns at the center.

     The Hex started to split and someone walked out, "Is this yours?" Y/N drags the broken purple mist covered missile on the grassy field and throw it to Hayward's feet. All guns were aiming at her figure now, the green lasers visible on her body.

     "The missile was just a precaution. You can hardly blame us, Y/N," Hayward spoke up. "Oh, I think I can. This will be your only warning," She sneered, "Stay out of my home. You don't bother me. I won't bother you."

     "I wish it could be that simple. You've taken an entire town hostage!" Hayward argued. "Well, I'm not the one with the guns, Director," Y/N retorted. "But you are the one in control," Monica speaks up and slowly stepped forward.

     "You're still here," Y/N's hand began to glow as she holds a purple sphere threateningly. Monica was nervous, "Y/N, I didn't know the drones were armed. But you know that, don't you? A town full of civilians. And you, a telepath, brought a S.W.O.R.D agent into your home."